Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA Employer Did NOT Have WC Insurance
Hello,

What can I expect based on the employer not having the worker's comp insurance during the applicable time frame?  What I do know, based on what I have read on the gov't website is that they may have to pay fines of $10k plus $2k for each employee at the time of the filing.

If I want to file a civil lawsuit, may I ask questions regarding this option in this forum? If so, what may happen (trial, testimony, a call for witnesses, a subpoena of my medical records?)

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

The rules vary in every state, without knowing yours no specific information can be given.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-06-2017, 11:36 PM)1171 Wrote: The rules vary in every state, without knowing yours no specific information can be given.

My apologies, my state is California.

California has a Unique program that handles uninsured employer claims.
The program has attys that will prosecute the offending employer while the worker gets benefits.
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/Iwguides/IWguide16.pdf

Also See fact sheet F
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/iwguides.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

hope that helps
thankx for posting.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Work Comp Along With Employer Offered Long Term Disability Insurance? injuredinidaho 15 31,459 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Employer and Carrier - "Bad Faith" Insurance dirckhecking 12 8,560 06-29-2012, 12:58 PM
  Employer has no wc insurance driver 1 2,124 11-11-2010, 11:41 PM
  Employer has no insurance jdavis7975 2 2,100 03-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Last Post: fencer11