Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AZ, boss doesn't want to go through WC for my injury, what should I do?
I was injured getting up into my truck a week and a half ago. I think I tore a ligament in my knee. Still waiting for an MRI to find out. Anyway, my boss told me today he'd rather "avoid the workers comp bullcrap" and he can put me to work in the office (normally I'm a truck driver).

I should say that my boss isn't the most trustworthy person and he generally doesn't give a damn about any of the employees. So what's in it for him or the company by avoiding a WC claim? Should I tell him no? Any advice would be appreciated.

I guess you were not aware that work comp insurance premiums are paid by the employer.
like most insurance, premiums go up as claims cost rise.
if you don't file a claim, you likely will not get the same level of benefits from the employer and you have no legal recourse if employer decides to stop paying.
filing a claim long after the injury and after you've been terminated or they have stopped paying, will delay or lead to a denial.
many times this behavior signals that the employer does not have mandatory coverage and is open to fines and state labor department intervention.
you don't want to be complicit in such a scam.
you can go here for coverage search
https://www.azica.gov/obtaining-workers-...nformation:
or contact the ombudsman for further information
Ombudsman 542-4538
https://www.azica.gov/ombudsman
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you for the fast response! The employer does have WC coverage. When I went to the ER for the injury I told them it was WC and they sent the paperwork. The company's insurance company called me this morning to get more information but I missed her call. She'll call me back next week but I don't know what to say to my boss.

If your boss is not wanting to fill out the papers to get WC started, usually you can go online and fill them out and get it started. If he still gives you trouble, I would suggest hiring a WC Lawyer. My boss was the same way...

tell your boss you don't feel comfortable skirting the law; it's your knee that's at stake.
ask if they'll pay tens of thousands for surgery, Rx, & Physical therapy? ask if there is a limit?
ask if they'll pay months of full salary? ask him how will disputes be resolved if bills aren't paid timely?
then ask him to put it all in writing.
why would you go into what could be a long term medical condition with no guarantees?
it's not like its a simple cut or sprain; it could be surgery. you need to protect yourself first.
what if you have to be off work for months?
you have think what will happen if there are complications; not every medical condition is a quick fix and super successful.
Read some posts on this site to what kind of problems could happen.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I overturn PQME of MMI decision if primary doctor doesn't agree and get my TTD Be ART661 2 622 10-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Boss denied doctor after injury Sonomaco 1 434 04-29-2019, 11:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Adjuster doesn't communicate with me. Tiberius 2 2,258 11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Boss trying to get me to quit. rovertdude 2 7,104 06-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Boss won't file WC for hubby and I am afraid to do it... hellokitty 3 4,834 05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Hubby injured his back on a job, boss says he will not file a WC claim.. hellokitty 3 5,240 05-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  I think im being lied to or my boss is trying to screw me over. frenchfri47 3 8,353 03-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  This doesn't sound right to me! chrischris 10 8,801 11-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  WILL BOSS FIND OUT ABOUT MY MEDS AND MY HEALTH CRY LADY 10 11,417 05-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  What are the steps to becomming MMI ifyour Dr. doesn't explain things to ya? Sunshine7 23 15,883 01-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Cycler