Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Record Corrections
Hi Folks California Claim.

Anyone have experience on correcting medical records . Not Med Legal reports, just PR-2 reports . I have an issue with some of the contents ( that are just simply not true) written in my medical record .

Anyone ever request amendments or deletions of the content of their medical reports?

Thanks

Shadow

Thr easiest and best way might be to go over the reports with your current physician and have them submit a report with the corrections/clarifications. That way the most significant information and/discrepancies can be explained.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-13-2017, 02:24 AM)Shadow Wrote: Hi Folks California Claim.

Anyone have experience on correcting medical records . Not Med Legal reports, just PR-2 reports . I have an issue with some of the contents ( that are just simply not true) written in my medical record .

Anyone ever request amendments or deletions of the content of  their medical reports?

Thanks

Shadow

I agree with 1171. You can also make a copy of the reports that have errors and either strike a line through the incorrect info and hand write the correct info or send a letter of detailed explanation as to what is not correct. You should include a copy of the incorrect reports and submit with the date of the report etc. The doctors office has 60 days to act but can request an additional 30 days. If they do not write an addendum you have the right to have a letter attached to the incorrect report and placed in your medical file outlining the mistakes.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(07-13-2017, 01:00 PM)California_Help Wrote:

Anyone ever request amendments or deletions of the content of  their medical reports?

Thanks

Shadow

I agree with 1171. You can also make a copy of the reports that have errors and either strike a line through the incorrect info and hand write the correct info or send a letter of detailed explanation as to what is not correct. You should include a copy of the incorrect reports and submit with the date of the report etc. The doctors office has 60 days to act but can request an additional 30 days. If they do not write an addendum you have the right to have a letter attached to the incorrect report and placed in your medical file outlining the mistakes.

Thanks you folks .. If you find any code or regulation please let me know . I have some straight up garbage in my in a few of the medical reports .. Needs correcting.

(07-13-2017, 07:44 PM)Shadow Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 01:00 PM)California_Help Wrote:

Thanks

Shadow

Thanks you folks .. If you find any code or regulation please let me know . I have some straight up garbage in my in a few of the medical reports .. Needs correcting.
CA Health and safety code is here.

http://www.mbc.ca.gov/Consumers/Complain...s_FAQ.aspx

"The patient can write an "Addendum" to be placed in his or her medical file. The original information will not be removed, but the new information, signed and dated by the patient, will be placed in the file. Health and Safety Code section 123111 states that an adult patient "shall have the right to provide to the health care provider a written addendum with respect to any item or statement in his or her records that the patient believes to be incomplete or incorrect. The addendum shall be limited to 250 words per alleged incomplete or incorrect item in the patient's record and shall clearly indicate in writing that the patient wishes the addendum to be made a part of his or her record. The health care provider shall attach the addendum to the patient's records and shall include that addendum whenever the health care provider makes a disclosure of the allegedly incomplete or incorrect portion of the patient's records to any third party."

This site explains in detail how to request correction of medical report.
https://www.verywell.com/how-to-correct-...rs-2615506

The CA Office Of Health Information Integrity would be one organization to contact if you have any issues.
http://www.chhs.ca.gov/ohii/Pages/default.aspx
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thanks Folks for the information.

Personally I think its critical to have accurate medical records or as close as possible. Of course nothings perfect. Seems to me and from speaking with other Injured Workers that Workers Comp Medical records are really sloppy. They just carry through from one exam to the next with minor additions and deletions. Not tailored to the individual encounter on a specific date. Since they follow you for life accuracy is critical.

Did some research and just wanted to share what I found . We Injured Workers are not just stuck with whatever some doctors writes in a report .We have the right to accurate reporting and to possibly makes changes.

http://www.hipaasurvivalguide.com/hipaa-...64-526.php

Good reference,thankx
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video Record Med Legal Exams Shadow 5 7,162 12-02-2017, 02:11 AM
Last Post: 1171
  You CAN videotape or record an IME~ RootsGal 14 8,780 03-02-2017, 11:07 AM
Last Post: RootsGal
MyBB MES Solutions - IME $300 to record Regnoc 5 8,245 01-13-2017, 01:30 AM
  medical record review bronco54501 1 4,583 03-02-2011, 05:31 PM
  Indiana Department of Corrections Employment Problems fireside 8 12,133 10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Can I record the independant doctor? greenjob 6 4,529 08-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Last Post: greenjob
Question Obligated to return to employer of record? Candace040162 2 3,134 03-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Last Post: AQA
  stay on your record Brownie 3 6,516 11-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Last Post: kate
  Medical Record Request - denied nancy1861@yahoo.com 7 9,108 08-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy