Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ankle fracture oregon
Hello
I going through worker comp for a ankle fracture that accurate at work. I have a few questions about my case, process and would love some feedback. On December 27, 2017 I was working for a wearhouse company which was through a staffing agency when I got my foot pinned by a forklift and fractured my tibia and fibula. I had surgery the week later. It's been about 7 months and I'm going through physical therapy and seeing the doctor at lease one a month. I'm still in pain and having limited range motion.My main question is that the company I work for is a staffing agency and through them I was working the warehouse job. So the doctor has released me to try full duty work and he knows I'm not ready but he said at lease let's try and see where it goes from there. I'm hearing that the warehouse wants nothing to do with me and they are afraid I might tell the original employees how to get workers compensation. So I'm in a state of limbo, I have been sitting in a chair for the last 5 months at the staffing company doing nothing because they don't have work for me Oh btw I do have a lawyer and I have not reached MMI. At this point I have bills adding up and stuck in the chair. I know I should just wait like my lawyer said but im just afraid that they are going drag it for months. Just wanted to see if anyone can give me advice about my situation. Thanks

I assume you are getting wages from the staffing agency.
you can look for more challenging and less boring work and can change jobs at any time. make sure you get your doctor's approval for new work activities. temporary disability won't be available as long as the temp agency has a job for you.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-07-2017, 02:35 PM)1171 Wrote: I assume you are getting wages from the staffing agency.
you can look for more challenging and less boring work and can change jobs at any time. make sure you get your doctor's approval for new work activities. temporary disability won't be available as long as the temp agency has a job for you.

Yes I am getting 40hr a week.
I wanted to know when the ball gets rolling for settlement or and closure but I think the staffing company might just wait as long as the want . I'm limited to what I can do so finding anotherb job would be office work. I want all of this behind me and move on but I don't Wana get screwed by the IC. I don't know any figure or settlement talk yet.

your permanent impairment benefits cannot be calculated until recovery has maxed out/MMI.
you don't want to guess at your impairment rating.
talk to your atty about getting another doctor's opinion on your MMI status.
you can change jobs at any time; your claim for medical and impairment benefits will remain open.
you can't force them to settle; if you are in a hurry you'll probably have to take less.
you'll have to negotiate something to get something in litigation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

You're welcome. Glad we could help. I'm sure there will be many visitors with similar issues. Thanks for your post.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-08-2017, 12:31 AM)1171 Wrote: You're welcome. Glad we could help. I'm sure there will be many visitors with similar issues. Thanks for your post.

I appreciate the advice thank you.
I had another question. My doctor told me lets try to go back to full duty work without restrictions and let's see how it goes. He know I'm not close to where I was and I work at a wearhouse and I could hurt myseft. So with that being said now the staffing doesn't have work for me. It's been 7 months now and my lawyer said if he said your back to full duty with no restrictions the case is going to be closed cus there's no impairment rating or vacational retraining. I'm confused because I still going through physical therapy and have appointments with my doctor.

the doctor's opinion is about what they expect to happen. you may not be where you were before the injury but the doctor does  not see anything that will prevent that from occurring.
during an injury/recovery the body looses muscle tone, strength, flexibility, range of motion, etc.  that is normal and will return once you regain your regular active routine. that's why he wanted you to get back on the job asap. that's especially true with injuries that affect mobility.
permanent impairment refers to abnormalities and defects that will prevent that. Most injuries result in complete recovery over time. Hopefully that's your condition as well. if that doesn't happen and you believe you do have permanent impairment you can get another medical opinion.
that's another reason not to rush to settlement.
is that what confused you?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-09-2017, 04:13 PM)1171 Wrote: the doctor's opinion is about what they expect to happen. you may not be where you were before the injury but the doctor does not see anything that will prevent that from concurring.
during an injury/recovery the body looses muscle tone, strength, flexibility, range of motion, etc. that is normal and will return once you regain your regular active routine. that's why he wanted you to get back on the job asap. that's especially true with injuries that affect mobility.
permanent impairment refers to abnormalities and defects that will prevent that. Most injuries result in complete recovery over time. Hopefully that's your condition as well. if that doesn't happen and you believe you do have permanent impairment you can get another medical opinion.
that's another reason not to rush to settlement.
it that what confused you?

Yaa that makes sense now. Thank
Is it my responsibility to update my employer what the doctors says everytime or they already know from the ic. the reason I ask is I never get to see the management because I'm in a desk far from everyone, I don't want someone to say he hasn't been telling us that the doctor said.

The employer is also entitled to updates from their carrier Who gets regular reports from the doctor.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hey Omar99, I hope you are absolutely fine now, and got healed from the ankle problem. I agree with everyone out here, You must first confirm from your doctor whether making a movement to ankle would be good enough from future basis or not. And not then you can also make use of a wheelchair that can be purchased from sites like spin life ( http://www.spinlife.com/category.cfm?categoryID=2 )or from Amazon. Using Wheelchair or a power chair can give you flexibility to move the place you may want and do the work at your own without any assistance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CRPS left foot/ankle Sarcher 9 1,753 12-20-2018, 10:22 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Knee Reconstruction after Tibial Plateau Fracture (Shattered) Justus420 5 938 08-08-2018, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Justus420
  severe ankle injury doc2715@msn.com 1 1,064 12-30-2017, 03:04 PM
  Reinjured pend hearing Oregon Katiedid 1 1,603 03-09-2016, 08:19 PM
  Desperate for help in Oregon kdalla55 5 6,196 03-03-2016, 05:34 PM
  Broken Ankle Question bryman1202 3 4,547 11-04-2014, 02:40 AM
  looking for some input on my ankle injury hmiyazima79 3 3,489 09-05-2014, 12:46 PM
  severe ankle injury and on WC bumfoot 1 2,612 07-22-2014, 02:28 AM
  IME after the surgery in Oregon! Enigma97 3 3,706 12-19-2013, 12:31 PM
  Oregon award ? N2W 3 2,895 11-20-2013, 08:54 PM