Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help
Poll: Do I go to my trusted Dr of 20 years for the MRI tho he is with the same company?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRI says normal but its a lie, xray shows not normal
I had a mid back injury in ER Jan 31 2017. My x-rays showed a few different things including Degenerative Disc Disease. I have had burning in my mid back between the shoulder blades and below that is tender. But I have found out I have a severe messed up neck, my cervical MRI shows major and multiple problems so bad I need surgery. My headaches are insane, stiff neck 24/7, my arms and hands are pins and needles among much more. This neck injury is not from the work comp but it has definitely gotten worse since my injury.

I think they lied about my thoracic MRI. The x-rays even showed things wrong and I know that my neck is pulling on the muscles and tweaking everything. How is it even possible with all the burning and pain and neck that my MRI says normal and the xray doesn't?

I want to go get another MRI not through my Dr or hospital or Ins. My comp Dr isn't bad cuz he knows I'm in pain from the looks of my cervical MRI. I am now on state disability till surgery. I will go to a work comp attorney if I have to. If my new MRI shows what I think it will I'm going to sue the crap out of them. I've let too many people take advantage of me and not faught it.

I can't believe they would do this? Its malpractice and so much more!

(06-23-2017, 04:41 AM)racer17 Wrote: I had a mid back injury in ER Jan 31 2017. My x-rays showed a few different things including Degenerative Disc Disease. I have had burning in my mid back between the shoulder blades and below that is tender. But I have found out I have a severe messed up neck, my cervical MRI shows major and multiple problems so bad I need surgery. My headaches are insane, stiff neck 24/7, my arms and hands are pins and needles among much more. This neck injury is not from the work comp but it has definitely gotten worse since my injury.

I think they lied about my thoracic MRI. The x-rays even showed things wrong and I know that my neck is pulling on the muscles and tweaking everything. How is it even possible with all the burning and pain and neck that my MRI says normal and the xray doesn't?

I want to go get another MRI not through my Dr or hospital or Ins. My comp Dr isn't bad cuz he knows I'm in pain from the looks of my cervical MRI.  I am now on state disability till surgery. I will go to a work comp attorney if I have to. If my new MRI shows what I think it will I'm going to sue the crap out of them. I've let too many people take advantage of me and not faught it.

I can't believe they would do this? Its malpractice and so much more!

A couple of things:

1.MRI's and x-rays show different things. Sometimes one is better to view things than the other. It depends upon the injury. All scans are not equal, for example some MRI's are stronger than other and can capture things that can be missed.

2. Radiologists are human and their reports are subjective. They did a test and had 100 Radiologists reviews scans and then 4 years later had them reviews the same exacts scans. Many of the reports were different and when I write different the same doctor wrote different opinions about the same scan 4 years later. I do not know the %, but was told about this when I had different scans with such different opinions.

3. You can have pain in the upper back that is radiating from the neck. I am not familiar with your states laws but in my state, California if a previous condition is made worse at work it is usually covered under workers compensation.

4.A bad strain can hurt very badly and strains do not show up on scans. Just because a scan states normal, it does not mean you are not injured and not experiencing pain. I understand your frustration and sense of feeling wronged. Sometimes a report is just wrong too. It sounds like you are getting another scan. It may be a good idea to bring your x-ray and report with you to the next MRI scan and ask if they can review for a comparative. Some places do and some do not. It is also a good idea to request a copy of the scan and report every time you have one done so you can show different doctors and to keep record of your injury.

Your injury is still very new. My recommendation about spinal surgery, from having several failed surgeries is to get a few different opinions and do NOT rush into it especially if it is an evasive fusion where they place hardware in you. Those surgeries are risky and many patients are worse afterward. I highly recommend consulting with a Neurosurgeon of the spine not brain about your issues over an ortho surgeon since you have neck issues. Sometimes strains and even herniation's can heal in time, sometimes patients need surgery intervention, but please try EVERYTHING you can before considering surgery.

Have you tried physical therapy, message etc?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Agree with Calif.... I had a MRI and an X-Ray in my mid to lower back due to my injury. My surgeon thought he saw something towards my Cervical area and had me get a CT Scan... that showed stuff that the other 2 didn't...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A little shaken, don't know if this is normal. Nabby 7 4,949 11-27-2019, 01:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Mmi releasing me with no restrictions. MRI shows ruptured disk 3 weeks ago stangbill 6 2,869 06-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Last Post: California_Help
Rolleyes normal calculating methods when two different % are given kevin5960 5 2,773 02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
Smile Tips and tricks to do normal things while in pain.. PainandSmiles 26 14,334 05-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Last Post: lucky
  is it normal orange 17 9,770 08-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  I recieved a larger than normal check? simplyshane 4 5,324 04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Last Post: ace25
  Attorney, normal procedure? Moving Slow 5 4,368 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Moving Slow
  Beyond the scope of normal household duties bagpussinamerica 6 6,413 11-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Last Post: mpenny
Exclamation Ouch! Is this normal? TiredOfHurting09 32 14,988 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Last Post: TiredOfHurting09
  Too Long or The Normal Time Stumpy 13 8,667 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Lilly