Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New guy with a question
Hey all. So I tore my rotator cuff at work in New Hampshire and had to have surgery which has not brought me back to 100%. Some days far from it. I went through PT and doctors follow ups. Fast forward a year and I had a follow up apt with an examiner to determine where I was as far as progress and recovery. I told her that some days my shoulder hurt worse than pre op and that something just didn't feel "right" with it. That was about 2 months ago. Last week, I get a letter in the mail with a permanent impairment award in the form of a single payment. I called my claims rep but have not heard back. My question is this. Is the single payment check I received in lieu of any further benefits like monetary, medical care etc? With my shoulder still hurting, I'd hate to cash a check and 10 years down the road be stuck with medical bills that I can't pay. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
you would have to negotiate a settlement and sign formal papers to buyout all your future benefits.
without seeing the paperwork it's difficult to guess whether you got a partial or full permanent partial payment.
Medical bills related to your injury remain the responsibility of the carrier as long as treatment is required.
you can also contact the state work comp division for specific information
information on a permanent impairment award is here
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)