Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP PLEASE....NC surgeon accepting NJ comp
We have recently lost our home due to a long and protracted comp case in NJ. We have 3 weeks to vacate. We have managed to rent a home in Winston Salem NC before the deed in lieu hits my husbands credit. He is waiting for cervical fusion, which AIG/comp has said needs to be done by a neurosurgeon. Surgery is already approved but they can't get him in until the end of July. We will be living in NC for over a month by then, and so will have no where to stay after surgery...which is same day but requires 10 days of recovery and care before he can travel.
I was told by our attorney today that we need to find a surgeon in NC to have the surgery rescheduled here, but so far have had n luck.
I realize this has been a topic on threads before, but there were no NC from NJ cases that I saw, and this is all state specific.
Anyone have ANY experience with hospital systems/surgeons that have accepted NJ comp?
Or does anyone know who we can contact for help? Should or attorney be doing this? Should AIG/the adjuster help?
Thank you all...we are desperate.

(06-02-2017, 04:21 PM)MrAmazingsMom Wrote: We have recently lost our home due to a long and protracted comp case in NJ. We have 3 weeks to vacate. We have managed to rent a home in Winston Salem NC before the deed in lieu hits my husbands credit. He is waiting for cervical fusion, which AIG/comp has said needs to be done by a neurosurgeon. Surgery is already approved but they can't get him in until the end of July. We will be living in NC for over a month by then, and so will have no where to stay after surgery...which is same day but requires 10 days of recovery and care before he can travel.
I was told by our attorney today that we need to find a surgeon in NC to have the surgery rescheduled here, but so far have had n luck.
I realize this has been a topic on threads before, but there were no NC from NJ cases that I saw, and this is all state specific.
Anyone have ANY experience with hospital systems/surgeons that have accepted NJ comp?
Or does anyone know who we can contact for help? Should or attorney be doing this? Should AIG/the adjuster help?
Thank you all...we are desperate.

It sounds like you have already been trying but did you try calling spine neurosurgeons in NC and ask their billing department what they need for him to be seen? Did he get a second opinion about this fusion? Any surgeon you pick, please do a google search on his reviews and qualifications. 

I think getting help from the adjuster would be best, if his attorney allows it.  If AIG is nationwide they should have a list of neuro spine surgeons in NC.

I am sorry I am not much help. There are not a lot of patients I have seen post regularly from NC.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time for new surgeon? tbear6410 29 3,733 04-02-2019, 02:55 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  DRE vs. ROM Railroaded by W/C surgeon? in Ky. jamman 4 2,455 03-26-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: 1171
  New surgeon Manley2 8 5,161 02-18-2014, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  new doctor says the surgeon caused the problems constantpain 10 6,345 05-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  2nd opinion surgeon wilma77 2 2,958 05-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Last Post: jayc123
MyBB Accepting a settlement in Michigan neenee 12 21,210 07-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Last Post: freebird
  3rd visit to surgeon bronco54501 0 2,195 01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  IME vs surgeon's recomendation Bummer Knees 22 10,522 10-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Last Post: RNvic
  Back to surgeon today shady 3 2,835 05-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Last Post: shady
  surgeon changed his mind snuffy66 16 8,596 05-01-2008, 07:32 PM