Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
co claim...awaiting second impairment rating
can i be forced into a settlement? i had an impairment rating done in texas, but since he wasnt level 2 qualified, im being sent back to colorado where i was injured to see a doctor there. Atty tells me that IC is being very adamant about settling my case,20K for 4 bulging disks in lower back, more in the middle of my back, but IC refuses to acknoledge that part of my back, i dont wanna cheat myself out of future medical needs, and get caught up in expensive medical costs...can i be forced to settle?

Generally No. Work comp benefits are voluntary and you can walk away from them at any time.
If your evidence doesn't agree with the carrier/employer benefit decisions, you can have the case reviewed by the comp court.
Colorado allows open medical; you are not required to accept a buy out.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

It also depends on the amount of their settlement offer as to whether it's sufficient for your future mid-back condition. Of course you risk the court agreeing with the carrier's evidence and denying benefits for the thoracic/mid back condition and reducing the settlement value of your claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-03-2017, 11:23 AM)1171 Wrote: It also depends on the amount of their settlement offer as to whether it's sufficient for your future mid-back condition. Of course you risk the court agreeing with the carrier's evidence and denying benefits for the thoracic/mid back condition and reducing the settlement value of your claim.

what did you mean by "evidence"?

On medical issues it would be medical opinions by physicians
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

last doctor had ordered a second M.R.I,for my mid back, denied, then he refered me to an ortho spine doctor, denied, my atty says that doctor that did impairment rating in texas had asked for a second M.R.I, but im not too sure about that one, will the board take all this into account?

Yes they will review all the medical opinions before issuing a decision. They may request another medical evaluation if the record is incomplete.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

oh, ok thank you

so, i went to colorado to have the impairment rating done, doctor that did rating looked at my m.r.i, and said that the bulges in my discs were not severe enough to be causing me pain, that it was probably the facet joints that were causing my pain, also said SI joint could be causing pain in my buttocks and thigh,, he said, i should return to full duty with no worry of injuring my back any further....2 doctors in texas said i should find another line of work,(im a drywall hanger), that continued heavy labor would only damage my discs further, colorado doctor said the opposite, that i was no danger of hurting myself any futher.. he said he would recomend spinal injections to see if the pain is in my facet joints.....can you make anything of this??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas impairment rating too low?! Buffalo2005 1 1,438 08-11-2019, 06:34 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Qme impairment rating Lostandconfused 0 932 01-17-2019, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
Question Will I get an impairment rating on multiple levels of my spine at MMI examination? Kappa6m3 3 4,069 07-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Texas_IME
  Impairment rating for missing middle finger tip ky tonyayounger72 2 2,708 03-16-2018, 12:48 PM
  North Carolina impairment rating and settlement question Joshlw 3 4,259 03-30-2017, 02:15 PM
  MMI @ 5% whole Body Impairment rating johntdaballa 3 8,449 11-03-2015, 03:55 PM
  11% Impairment Rating - IOWA Rebos 8 12,878 05-09-2015, 03:14 PM
MyBB Awaiting final outcome of case Karfoster711 9 6,466 05-03-2015, 10:52 PM
  Impairment rating Never again 4 7,112 04-23-2014, 10:16 PM
  Impairment rating Speedyro1970 2 6,154 11-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Speedyro1970