Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 months since IME appointment
Is it normal for it to take over 2 months without a response to an IME appointment. I have CRPS in my left hand and both me and my husband got the impression that the Dr felt I had CRPS. I am in MI, my primary dr is treating me and she is at the max of what she can do.

Normal varies with the doctors schedule. Some doctors are booked 2-3 months in advance. Reports can take 90 days or more.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank You for your response I am just getting super frustrated. They won't ok me going to a pain clinic until I get this paperwork back.

You can see if your health carrier will cover the referral. You can also pay for it directly and seek reimbursement.
You should still be getting treatment from your regular doc.
If the claim is litigated and you have an aggressive atty he can schedule a deposition from a reluctant doc.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

The pain management clinic I want to go to won't allow me to use other insurance with an open comp claim. So going the referral route is a no go. My doc is willing to write to whomever she needs to. She is a physician assiassistant and her Dr that supervises her said if I don't get to a pain clinic soon they can't continue to treat me so the little relief I do get from my meds will be gone to.  BTW I am in MI sorry I didn't realize I forgot to tell you what state I was in.

The physician's assistant should not be pressuring you like that. It doesn't help the patient or their peace of mind especially when the decisions are not theirs to make. Threats are not productive. Maybe this PA will be willing to contact the IME to speed things along explain how critical your condition is.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

She is aware of my condition and is more or less passing along the threats of the Dr. who signs her paperwork. It was explained that they have to move me along because it looks to an audit board that they are allowing me t just sit and be given meds with no clear treatment plan in place because my best place is a pain clinic which they are referring its just the insurance company is dragging their feet. At this point I willingly went off some of my big pain meds to make things easier on them. Which is proving to be a very bad decision as my pain is progressing, They keep uping my does of Gabapentin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Here: TKR 6 months Jenny_boise 3 601 01-22-2019, 12:53 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Injured Worker has not seen a PTP yet, its 8 months. Any ideas? Billy Miller 6 2,234 04-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  lawyer has not found my brother a PTP after Four Months in Ca? Billy Miller 6 2,506 02-01-2018, 11:50 PM
  2 months since IME appointment jojo87 0 824 03-26-2017, 03:16 PM
Last Post: jojo87
  CALIFORNIA- 1CM HNP, L4,L5,S1, OUT 10 MONTHS- HOW MUCH LONGER hardwey 2 1,514 02-22-2017, 03:28 PM
  Out of work for nearly four months RayC96 2 2,096 12-26-2015, 04:13 PM
  Off for 2 months and no wage benefits 2000silverz28 5 5,924 07-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Last Post: 1171
  4 months and no money or treatment dwgriff1967 6 4,655 06-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  qme appointment dolphins 5 9,533 05-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Last Post: dolphins
  IME 2 months after Surgery Mzkelly82 16 10,852 02-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Mzkelly82