Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to expect after multiple surgeries
Injured in 2015 while at work, tore my right rotator cuff... waited 6 weeks for workman's comp to approve surgery. My shoulder was in an immobilizer for over six week's. Once surgery was complete i had pins and needles in my right hand, pinky finger and ring finger. Had tests run and i had nerve damage in my right elbow from being immobilized for an extended period of time.
I continued to have pain in my right shoulder and elbow, surgery was scheduled to do a right ulnar decompression which i had no physical therapy afterwards. A week later i had more pain and pins and needles, this would not go away... I had to seek advice from an attorney for these issue's. I had to pay out of pocket for a second opinion in which the new doctor said i required two more surgeries as the original two were not done correctly.. two years later i just had my fourth surgery and have missed almost 1.5 years of work
I have not been paid TTD checks until we had a hearing with a judge and then the checks were sporadic at best, i am willing to go back to work. I have the passion to work and i am not old only 45, but i have been messed around so much i do not want to go back to my employer as i feel they have had something to do with my issues.
I do not feel i can lift over ten pounds anymore and i have lingering pain that i deal with everyday.
We will be going to court to see about a settlement if we settle should i got back to that employer or start fresh... I have done my type of work for 20 years and do not know anything else so this would be a big change.

Any advice would be great RMS 03/13/2017

since your claim is litigated and you are represented I would not make any decision without discussing it with your atty.
what you do has to fit in with what strategy they are planning.
sometime between now and when you hit maximum recovery I would suggest you have a face to face meeting with your atty and discuss their plans for finalizing your claim. Make sure your goals and theirs are similar.
You might also discuss your recovery progress with your doctor. have them give you an idea as to when you'll achieve maximum recovery.
you might also want to review what additional benefits are available to you and your options so you have a realistic idea of what to expect from any finalization and what choices you have as to how the claim is finalized.
each state has a web site to give you a summary of their comp benefits and process.
you should know that your feelings about what you can and cannot do will not directly impact future benefits or settlement value.

hopefully that advice was what you were looking for.
if not and you can be more specific we'll try it again.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

glad this board was helpful.
stop by again; especially if you can contribute to others.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  study on spinal fusion surgeries California_Help 6 344 06-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  HELP! Injured, two disc fusion surgeries, permanent nerve damage,dont know what to do Blackhawks19 5 1,124 10-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Question Will I get an impairment rating on multiple levels of my spine at MMI examination? Kappa6m3 3 1,950 07-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Texas_IME
  Multiple body parts RickettK321 3 1,643 01-17-2018, 05:14 AM
Last Post: jadney65
  utah multiple amputations on left hand terin7fingers 3 1,845 04-19-2017, 06:25 PM
Last Post: 1171
  NC - perm partial disability - multiple MDs to rate the part for different Dx HeyNowNC 3 2,746 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
  Partially Denied Multiple Body Parts Claims. Please HELP! neckpain101 6 5,393 07-27-2015, 12:27 PM
  Carpal tunnel Against multiple employers Cb3 3 3,795 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Cb3
  surgeries and scheduled loss of use BLITZCREED22 3 3,604 10-09-2013, 06:52 PM
  Can WC force 2 knee surgeries at once? Debradough 8 4,818 02-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Last Post: jayne