Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settlement
Looking for input on settlement without surgery. I am in Tennessee and am getting conflicting info. Don't want surgery right now and would like to close out medical. Since surgery has been approved would they likely factor that into my settlement? From what I can gather the WC laws have changed drastically recently and my lawyer is kind of weird like he always talks about how things used to be and I can't really get an answer because his advice is to not close out medical. I just need to know if anyone has firsthand experience settling a case in Tennessee and what to expect when closing out medical. Not that I don't appreciate info but I have already followed links on other posts and none of them are too helpful. Any info is appreciated.

Bobby

The carrier is not required to buyout your medical.
Finding an injured worker that has settled under recent Tennessee comp laws will be difficult as privacy concerns may restrict your ability to make personal contact.
If you don't trust your lawyers advice talk to a few others.
If the need for surgery is in dispute or the carrier is unsure you will self-procure, tha amount will vary accordingly.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.