Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Award Non-compliance
Hello, I was just wondering why would an insurance company not comply and have to pay penalies if there is an agreed, signed award in place? I understand from my lawyer that the insurance company has 40 days to comply but its day 38 and I have yet to see my payments agreed upon.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  I'm in Virginia.

I assume your question is not rhetorical.

You seem to believe there is choice involved. Don't underestimate the role of complexity and inertia when large numbers of serial transactions by people are involved. The adjuster does not have a check book, an envelope, stamp, and mailbox in front of them.
Some people don,t understand why you can't drive across town in 10 minutes--after all the roads are paved and cars are fast?!
When you have no experience working for a large company and are looking in from the outside its difficult to understand how things work or how easily processes can break down.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks for the help..Not. Geez

Ahh. It was rhetorical.
You knew the answer, you just didn't like it.
It costs much more to fix then to pay the penalties.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Wrong, I don't have any idea why the idiot claims adjuster can't send payments in 6 weeks. Incompetence is my guess.

As here in NY, the Carrier can take UP to that day if they want. Here, it's 30 days for everything... and they do love to push it to the last day....

(02-22-2017, 08:44 AM)Sunflower60 Wrote: Wrong, I don't have any idea why the idiot claims adjuster can't send payments in 6 weeks. Incompetence is my guess.

Now how would anyone on a public message board know whether it was incompetence, system break down, or just a bad mail address. Geez!
If you don"t have a serious question and just want to vent, that's fine; just don't make us guess which it is.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  States with mandatory voc rehab compliance Mrgo26 4 8,362 12-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Last Post: kate