Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd surgery looming
Pennsylvania here. This is my 1st forum post so I apologize in advance.  I'm having my 3rd surgery on Monday. Second on my elbow. This one is going to be a lot different. It will involve ulnar nerve neurolysis and a medial release. Does anyone know what to expect with this type of surgery? Also, I probably will not be able to drive truck again after all of this and I don't know if the company I "work" for is accountable for that. Any thoughts on that?

A medical web site like merck or webmd may help with specific treatment information.
Pennsylvania is a wage loss state. You can find our more about comp benefits here
http://www.dli.pa.gov/Individuals/Worker...phlet.aspx
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

On the driving part of the question, you are entitled to wage loss benefits so long a you are suffering a loss of earnings as a result of your work injury. If you are on work restrictions, and your employer does provide suitable work, you have an ongoing loss of earnings. If the wage loss benefits are temporary total disability wage loss benefits, you can potentially receive them for the rest of your life. If they are temporary partial disability wage loss benefits they are capped at 500 weeks. The primary difference between the two is that total is paid while you have a complete loss of earnings while partial is paid when you have some earnings or have been determined to have imputed earnings. Partial may also be paid after an IRE with less than a 50% whole body impairment. A full explanation would be much to lengthy for this type of forum, so if you have a lawyer, I would suggest discussing that issue with him.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

(02-16-2017, 12:49 PM)1171 Wrote: A medical web site like merck or webmd may help with specific treatment information.
Pennsylvania is a wage loss state. You can find our more about comp benefits here
http://www.dli.pa.gov/Individuals/Worker...phlet.aspx

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

(02-16-2017, 03:19 PM)Timothy Belt Wrote: On the driving part of the question, you are entitled to wage loss benefits so long a you are suffering a loss of earnings as a result of your work injury.  If you are on work restrictions, and your employer does provide suitable work, you have an ongoing loss of earnings.  If the wage loss benefits are temporary total disability wage loss benefits, you can potentially receive them for the rest of your life.  If they are temporary partial disability wage loss benefits they are capped at 500 weeks.  The primary difference between the two is that total is paid while you have a complete loss of earnings while partial is paid when you have some earnings or have been determined to have imputed earnings.  Partial may also be paid after an IRE with less than a 50% whole body impairment.  A full explanation would be much to lengthy for this type of forum, so if you have a lawyer, I would suggest discussing that issue with him.

I will definitely discuss this with my lawyer. Thank you for the help.

(02-16-2017, 01:41 AM)missingtheroad Wrote: Pennsylvania here. This is my 1st forum post so I apologize in advance.  I'm having my 3rd surgery on Monday. Second on my elbow. This one is going to be a lot different. It will involve ulnar nerve neurolysis and a medial release. Does anyone know what to expect with this type of surgery? Also, I probably will not be able to drive truck again after all of this and I don't know if the company I "work" for is accountable for that. Any thoughts on that?

Please talk to your surgeon about your questions before your surgery so you are prepared. I hope you got at least one other opinion. Try googling the name of the surgery and read up on possible complications etc. The skillset of the surgeon is important with these types of surgeries so it is always good to google the surgeon and read his qualifications and reviews.

It sounds like you will receive temporary disability payments and hopefully you will be healed by the time they are capped and can return to work (if able).I would also ask your doctor his thoughts on how long it will take you to heal and if he thinks you will be able to return to that type of work (if you have not done so already). Some employers will try to accommodate the employee with another position in the company.

Good luck on your surgery.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I am going to be having ulnar surgery also, but have to wait a bit because still in recovery from shoulder surgery and torn bicep. It is actually a faster recovery. Painful, but usually a three month process to full recovery....Usually. I took care of residents whom had it done and between keeping it iced and therapy, you should be back to driving soon. Good luck on your surgery. Oh, and keep that arm elevated.