Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Told by new doctor to go exercise?
Long story short I had to get a new attending physician 4 months into the case. I'm still in pain, and still actively seeing knee surgeon.

This dr. said I was "close" to MMI and I should resume exercise as normal.

My knee surgeon wants me on crutches for 3 months (now 2 months left.) I use them when it makes sense.

I also finally scheduled a back surgeon, as 2 previous doctors were very worried about my lower back, indicating possible slipped disc. 

What do I do related to the workers comp stuff? I just tried to do a few squats and felt like my achilles was going to pop.

At this point I'm not expecting PPD awards. I just want to get better and have the treatment I need.

Good health can be elusive and not something doctors can always make happen. Neither you nor the doctors can control whether you have permanent impairment. After serious injury the odds are against complete recovery.
Just make sure the doctors are updating the carrier, their information will trigger the benefits when it's time.
you can request a change of doctors.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-08-2017, 09:05 PM)shefallsdown Wrote: Long story short I had to get a new attending physician 4 months into the case. I'm still in pain, and still actively seeing knee surgeon.

This dr. said I was "close" to MMI and I should resume exercise as normal.

My knee surgeon wants me on crutches for 3 months (now 2 months left.) I use them when it makes sense.

I also finally scheduled a back surgeon, as 2 previous doctors were very worried about my lower back, indicating possible slipped disc. 

What do I do related to the workers comp stuff? I just tried to do a few squats and felt like my achilles was going to pop.

At this point I'm not expecting PPD awards. I just want to get better and have the treatment I need.

Was squatting something he recommended? He should have provided you a list of exercises to do. I don't know what state you are in and every states rules are different so could you please post? If he did not provide you a list of exercises I can give you a link to spine health website and you can do a look up of what exercises  to do for what injury, but I worry about you attempting that without guidance from your doctor. They have videos as well.

In California home exercise must be attempted first to be able to receive some other treatments. For example physical therapy can sometimes be denied if home exercise was not attempted first. If you were given a list of home exercises and cannot tolerate them you should stop and tell your doctor. There may be discomfort and some slight pain doing home exercise. It should not be unbearable or cause further injury. If you feel like it is stop and discuss with your doctor. One idea is to make a log with dates on what exercise you did and how many and if a certain one caused too much pain.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attorney told me to cash out claim and use own health insurance wcthaway 2 382 04-18-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 979 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
  Exercise equipment Caprixsparrow 3 1,501 10-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  I was told I will be fried dbowlin1414 14 7,525 11-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  Friend was told to use personal insurance Kryssa 6 6,250 09-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  worked light duty, then told can't work any more curious 2 8,387 06-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Last Post: tridgida
  Doctor told me they couldn't do anything else for me, Know what? Dirtydawg69 2 4,246 05-14-2010, 09:42 AM
  Live in CA, W/C told hub return monday 2 work- still disabled what now??? circsawmeetshand 6 5,659 11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Rolleyes Cardiologist told lie on me now what can I do surgery#3 5 3,965 08-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Last Post: izell
Question my WC doctor told me one thing and my boss another. Please give advise notsure 6 8,422 03-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Last Post: cindy1sttimewc