Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier....
MRI Report...
L1-2, L2-3 Minimal Annular Bulge
L3-4 Mild Annular Disc Osteophyte Complex
L4-5 Mild Facet Hypertrophy & Mild Annular Disc osteophyte complex contribute to mild spinal canal stenosis ( the cal sac is less than 9mm). Extending through both neural foramina without distinctly displacing the exiting nerve roots.
L5-S1 Minimal facet hypertrophy and equivocal disc bulge.

From what the PM doctor says, the last one is bulging into my spinal cord. He suggested I get a wheelchair just in case. Told him we already bought one due to me not being able to walk a lot. They want to try an epidural with steroids to see if they can take a bit of pain away and try and shrink some of the swelling. If this doesn't work (and this is the last thing we can try), we will have to start talking to my surgeon once again and see about a decompression. He also said the MRI showed a lot of the nerves down around the S1 section that are being pinched bad.. hence all the pain. If the bulge into the cord keeps going, I will be in a wheelchair...
Of course, we are crossing fingers we can hold out until December 19th because that will mark 1 year from the neck surgery...

(08-23-2017, 10:52 AM)tbear6410 Wrote: 1171....   question...   who does the permanency rating?  My surgeon, Pain Management Dr. or who?   I've been listed as Temp Partial Disability at 75% since 2013 I believe...  been a couple times it was down to 50% and 66%, but now it's at 75..
Steve is wondering too since the judge brought that up at the hearing and was even wondering why I'm still at Temp and not listed at Perm...

The law does not require any one specific doctor. Use whichever one you are most comfortable with. Carrier/employer will be entitled to a rebutle in any event.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks 1171... I know that the Carrier will rebut anything and everything.. We were shocked it only took them a week to approve the MRI.. wondering if it was because when we were denied the shots in July, it was the Office of the Chair that said they were approving them and that was final...
PM doctor and his PA both said to talk to my surgeon about the Perm.... said he would be the best one to change it.

Well.. IME on October 2nd.... just sooooooo tired of this... and still no word on Epidural..

Had the IME this morning.. it was maybe 10 minutes long and this is the first one that made me wear an exam gown. He didn't really ask any questions either. And still no word on the epidural and the pain is getting bad enough that I'm not able to sleep.. legs are nonstop numb feeling too.. newest thing is the feeling that my lower back to my rear is cold and my right foot is the same..
Did call PM and I can't get in there until Oct. 30th.. they are that booked up..

(10-02-2017, 12:48 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Had the IME this morning..  it was maybe 10 minutes long and this is the first one that made me wear an exam gown.  He didn't really ask any questions either.   And still no word on the epidural and the pain is getting bad enough that I'm not able to sleep.. legs are nonstop numb feeling too..  newest thing is the feeling that my lower back to my rear is cold and my right foot is the same..
Did call PM and I can't get in there until Oct. 30th..  they are that booked up..

I am so sorry you are going through this.

Do you have a comfortable lumbar brace to wear (if your doctor feels it is ok)?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

No brace.... just pray to find a non-hurting way to either sit or lay down..

(10-02-2017, 07:26 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: No brace....  just pray to find a non-hurting way to either sit or lay down..

I am in extreme pain when I do not have a lumbar brace on. I had a bulky one from my doctor but found the thin stretchy ones worked best for me (at cvs). I wear under my clothes. I do not know if it would help your condition, but wanted to mention it as this is something that can also be requested by the doctor.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I agree. The brace DOES help

Ok.. love being lied to...  Got a hold of PM today to see what is going on with the epidural... The idiot nurse (one who screwed up my report in Feb.) Continues to tell me the Carrier has 45 days... Told him no.. it's 30 and something needs to be done soon cause this is getting worse.    Most he tells me is go to the ER... Tell him ER will tell me to go to PM cause if you go to the ER for comp, comp can and will take away my medical..  Called Comp and talked to them.. they said it's 30 days.. if I don't hear anything tomorrow, I'm to call my lawyer and tell him to file against the Carrier for a hearing...   I may have one because USPS says I have something coming from Comp.. but our mail has not come yet...

Mail FINALLY came.. Comp paper is from Order Of The Chair and says the epidural is deemed needed and the Carrier is to pay..

UPDATE: Epidural is scheduled for next Tuesday 17th.... crossing my fingers

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will WC carrier pay for out of state hotel (CA) kibby 65 29,945 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 3,151 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Billing Forms For Insurance Carrier champmed 2 2,975 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 5,363 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 8,910 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 2,711 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 4,706 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  carrier refusing to fill prescription i have had for 4 years vickijperks 5 7,582 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  strong armed by WC carrier kaohu69 5 7,631 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Can I fire my lawyer or contact insurance carrier if he refuses? fedupagain 3 5,952 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: nomeds