Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what to expect from duty disability ime
hi,, im in Illinois and I have a question about duty disability..  as an educator I am eligible for workers comp and duty disability from my teachers pension fundj however I have to go to  their doctors before I can be approved for this. Of course you have to be on  workers comp which will offset any amount you get.. so it would be 75 percent minus 66 percent.. so they would give me if approved the remaining 9 percent..

is this normal..to have to go to an IME to be eligible for this benefit,, ? why do I need to go to an ime when they can look at my doctors records,,

just asking,,, thanks for any responses

i suspect that specific criteria for eligibility has to be medically confirmed. Medical records by themselves may not address those specific issues or be outdated. like most pension systems the law allows them to request a medical exam and they do not always trust the opinion of every doctor.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-04-2017, 10:36 PM)1171 Wrote: i suspect that specific criteria for eligibility has to be medically confirmed. Medical records by themselves may not address those specific issues or be outdated. like most pension systems the law allows them to request a medical exam and they do not always trust the opinion of every doctor.

Thanks so much!

Is this for a long term or short term disability policy? If so I recommend calling a ERISA attorney before going to one of these exams.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(02-05-2017, 04:10 PM)California_Help Wrote: Is this for a long term or short term disability policy? If so I recommend calling a ERISA attorney before going to one of these exams.

Good Morning,,, no this is not short or long term disability policy related. it is a benefit offered to me because I was hurt at work called a duty disability. the pension board offers duty disability or a disability pension seeing as I have no intention on retiring I qualify for the duty disability benefit which will be not much because it is offset by workers comp. however it does supplement the 66 2/3  that workers comp give.  they require me to go to the ime before  they approve benefits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  light duty but cant do duty theworldasone 4 7,576 04-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Injured Worker
  better to stay on limited duty or total disability boilerman 0 5,026 03-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Last Post: boilerman
  light Duty to No Duty wootk1967 5 8,020 09-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Last Post: wootk1967
  light duty to no duty burton 10 11,572 08-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  from light duty to full duty buildergirl1973 8 7,337 06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  is unfit for duty disability southern45 3 3,891 09-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Last Post: hurt at work
  wc disability/social security disability coach 5 15,795 07-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Lilly