Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touching bases...And couple questions.
Haven't been on here since before my surgery, but read on here often for quiet advice.   Quick background on injury, had two tears, anchors put into shoulder, lost part of collar bone bicep was ripped in half (found during surgery).   Started physical therapy at five weeks instead of the sixth week as frozen shoulder and elbow were setting in. Still in PT and now also in occupational therapy as hand swelling never went down, therapist told doctor there has to be nerve damage on top of everything. So two hours of therapy three times a week...Whew. finally a question..... I have to go in for an EMG.  Has anyone have this done and it painful? ( I'm a wimp..loll)

Now, yes I got fired from my job. Attorney involved.  I was smart and got unemployment involved... I knew I couldn't get unemployment as I am on permanent temp disability from WC. Reason got them involved was to document they lied about firing they were found in the wrong.

Now WC got a case mngr involved, she asked me personal questions and asked for my social security number... I didn't give to her as it was uncomfortable for her to ask.....Second question....Is there a reason why she would want that?

Ok..Think that's it. Sorry for novel.

Wisconsin

Sometimes it used for a records search

For Some people there can be pain associated with an emg. In order to get a good reading most pain meds can,t be used.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-31-2017, 09:54 PM)broom Wrote: Haven't been on here since before my surgery, but read on here often for quiet advice.   Quick background on injury, had two tears, anchors put into shoulder, lost part of collar bone bicep was ripped in half (found during surgery).   Started physical therapy at five weeks instead of the sixth week as frozen shoulder and elbow were setting in. Still in PT and now also in occupational therapy as hand swelling never went down, therapist told doctor there has to be nerve damage on top of everything. So two hours of therapy three times a week...Whew. finally a question..... I have to go in for an EMG.  Has anyone have this done and it painful? ( I'm a wimp..loll)

Now, yes I got fired from my job. Attorney involved.  I was smart and got unemployment involved... I knew I couldn't get unemployment as I am on permanent temp disability from WC. Reason got them involved was to document they lied about firing they were found in the wrong.

Now WC got a case mngr involved, she asked me personal questions and asked for my social security number... I didn't give to her as it was uncomfortable for her to ask.....Second question....Is there a reason why she would want that?

Ok..Think that's it. Sorry for novel.

Wisconsin

I had an EMG about 20 years ago.  I swore that I would never have one again.
Had I known what was involved I would not have had the EMG.

They attach one electrode to you painlessly.  The other electrode is a needle which is inserted in to the body at different places into the nerve.  They can then determine how that nerve is working.  OUCH!!

In my case they determined that I did have nerve, Which we already knew.

I do not know if the procedure has improved and is less painful 20 years later.

I had it done less than 2 years ago on both lower legs. Hopefully I don't have to go through that again... it hurt but good. I'm also crossing fingers they don't have to do that to my right arm cause of the nerve damage from spinal surgery I just had done in Dec.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fractured Hip/just want to ask a couple questions 241050 5 1,535 08-01-2017, 07:43 AM
Last Post: smith.daniel@centurylink.net
  Just released by dr., couple questions (NE) Daz 3 3,686 08-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  I have just a couple general questions about WC labgeek 4 3,366 07-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Last Post: RNvic
  have I covered all bases? beth_qirn 13 6,761 10-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Last Post: beth_qirn
  Billed for visit - and a couple questions please mnworker84 6 2,467 06-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Last Post: MJC