Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TWO claims same body part
good afternoon,,,I am in ILLinois...., how does it work if you have two claims for the same bodypart... I am just curious... I got hurt at work ..slipped on somthing wet on the floor..but I  didnt have symptoms for yrs.. wasn't sure it was work related.when I couldn't take the pain any more went to emergency and they told me I had .torn meniscus.. had surgery thru my insurance. and went back to work no restrictions,,,,then I got hurt again and there was no question this was work related ,, this led to a total knee replacement,, .. but  because it was WcOMP  I got such a run around that I needed an attorney just to see the doctor and get care,, ..ATTY says both could be related.. how does that work?

If the first is not outside the time limits, then the permanent impairments from both can be combined.
They would not have to separate out the liability.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-21-2017, 02:05 PM)1171 Wrote: If the first is not outside the time limits,  then the permanent impairments from both can be combined.
They would not have to separate out the liability
ok,, that makes sense.. what if I am outside the time given,, I fell and reported it but didn't feel any true discomfort until at least two years later,, I walk all day with my job and I am required to be on my feet,, didn't get unbearable right away,,  I got treatment in 2015 bt didn't file the claim until 2016,,, got hurt around 2013..

the first injury incident is a long shot as far as industrial impairment (2 yrs is a long delay to make a link to the work) but your atty can use it in negotiations.
how strong a factor all depends on medical evidence.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-21-2017, 05:24 PM)1171 Wrote: the first injury incident is a long shot as far as industrial impairment (2 yrs is a long delay to make a link to the work) but  your atty can use it in negotiations.
how strong a factor all depends on medical evidence.
that's what I was thinking too,,, thank you ,, I have so much time on my hands and so many questions.. you have helped me out with that tremendously.. Shy WC did send me a medical card for both claims ..but since they denied my surgery I just use my insurane and save all my receipts,, I guess I still hve a looong way to go with this journey

you can read the handbook for general claims information but litigation is slower and court rules are different.
http://www.iwcc.il.gov/handbook.htm
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-21-2017, 05:41 PM)1171 Wrote: you can read the handbook for general claims information but litigation is slower and court rules are different.
http://www.iwcc.il.gov/handbook.htm

THANK YOU.. I read thru the hand book and it is a good  resource! and I agree it is a long shot.. good for me is that the two injuries are the only injuries in my history.. I have been at my job for ieleven years and never had a problem before I got hurt at work..the  nurses were surprised as I am 53.  I am sure they will try to pull the pre existing card,,, but I am gonna just take it day by day

Glad I could help.
Be well.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body parts in MSA and settlement docs don't match Seeking Help 71 30,942 02-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Shadow
  "admitted" body part vs. "accepted"; What's the difference? Seeking Help 3 3,125 02-04-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: goingback
  Multiple body parts RickettK321 3 3,042 01-17-2018, 05:14 AM
Last Post: jadney65
  AME for DOI and additional body parts, TTD capped Leah 24 14,806 04-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Question about whole body rating conversion in Connecticut Linic0228 1 2,120 03-23-2017, 09:17 PM
  MMI @ 5% whole Body Impairment rating johntdaballa 3 9,408 11-03-2015, 03:55 PM
  Partially Denied Multiple Body Parts Claims. Please HELP! neckpain101 6 7,968 07-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Hurting in my pockets and body in georgia!!! alvinf478 1 3,219 02-25-2015, 08:46 PM
  ten percent Whole body impairment sgoad0213 3 7,237 02-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Last Post: sgoad0213
  mmi for one body part and not the others hamrs_62 9 9,989 06-14-2013, 07:07 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62