Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctor does IMEs...???
Exclamation 
I've already decided to transfer my care elsewhere, but things are still in legal limbo while paperwork catches up at the self-insured office.

My first attending thought I had reached MMI. He gave me some names to get "second opinions" from who could do this evaluation and also rate me. Apparently he can't (I guess chiro's can't rate their own patients).

The doctor who called me back had me come in the next day - very eager to see me. Its interesting that while my 1st attending said it would take 15 days to get a copy of my file, they had it to him within about 5 working hours. This doctor spent an hour with me sitting on a chair, asking me how I feel RIGHT NOW and walking through the history of the accident. Of course I am fine sitting in a chair, and I was especially fine since I just had physical therapy.

He spends a few minutes doing a physical evaluation, during which I have no stability and fall over etc etc. 

He comes to the conclusion I am "fine" and "its all in my head". I should start working out and I'm fine to go back to work. (I was working in a 8 hour retail job, my left kneecap has been dislocated for 3 months and I can barely walk - stairs are VERY SLOW.) He then said the pain is because I have a slipped disk and it's a sciatic nerve issue. I need to fix my posture. Also, he didn't want to put me at MMI, he wanted more treatment first. But he'd rate me at 0 anyway,  he said. 

So looked this guy up. He is on the IME call list. 

I talked to my doctor. Nope nope nope. It would be pretty obvious if I had a disc issue causing that kind of issue, especially 3 months in. 

So what's this guy's agenda? I know my 1st chiro was colluding with my former attorney. Do these guys get some roundabout kickbacks?

Are there some doctors out to sabotage a case? (By constant referrals to other awful doctors or denying treatment to good doctors...like my 1st attending tried to tell me my new attending and their clinic "lied to me" ...after he did a "secret shop" of their clinic to....oh, I don't even know, it sounds so insane.)

Or if you get stuck with a doctor who also does IMEs, you are just screwed?

There are always a number of injured workers who seem to encounter opposition from everyone in the system: treating doctors, adjusters, employers, consulting docs, judges, IMEs, multiple attys, etc.
There is not much you can do when everyone around fails you except to move on.

Some who have visited here have been fighting for years to get try and what they deserve. It's a frustrating experience for them. It may be smart to wait for another more equal battle.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-20-2017, 12:40 PM)1171 Wrote: There are always a number of injured workers who seem to encounter opposition from everyone in the system: treating doctors, adjusters, employers, consulting docs, judges, IMEs, multiple  attys, etc.
There is not much you can do when everyone around fails you except to move on.

Some who have visited here have been fighting for years to get try and what they deserve. It's a frustrating experience for them. It may be smart to wait  for another more equal battle.

My current "team" - physical therapists and the State-side - are being super helpful. I'm also waiting for my psych IME results which may just take me out of working the type of job I was at forever (no problems there.) Part of the battle is patience, and here, at day 90 (today) they can bring on Voc, but they need me at MMI and it's pretty clear I am not. (My therapist has me off work for at least a month, all psych things aside.)

Its shitty to know how much the system is against injured workers. I have power to move around and my self insured claims manager is being reasonable enough (now that I got the State involved) to pay me what I deserve. I have phone calls to make about that today but - here's a thing - there's always someone that oversees the process. The crappy part is getting evicted, having to go on food stamps, etc in the process....and there's no remedy for that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 2,251 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 1171