Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I be Scheduled for Another IME?
I'm thinking ahead of my employer and I was scheduled an IME on Christmas Eve and with 6 days notice canceled - no problems from anyone about it. I had a psych IME last week, that actually seemed to go well (it was legitimate.)

I've hit MMI and now I'm wondering if they can attempt to send me back for another physical MMI for the purpose of rating - I can only find some lawyer's blog refer to one request for a specific MMI every 6 months, but I'm failing at finding law or case law around this. 

Anyone know if that "rule" is state-specific or where it comes from?

I'm in WA. Thanks!

You might find some case law here
http://www.biia.wa.gov/BoardDecisions.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-15-2017, 11:36 PM)1171 Wrote: You might find some case law here
http://www.biia.wa.gov/BoardDecisions.html

Thanks, I found this case that basically says WA can call you in for an IME whenever and as much as they want to.

That pretty much sums up our laws here.

That said, In Re Bob Edwards and this RCW lay out all the reasons you can get out of one pretty easy. My last IME was actually only 5 days notice but I wanted it done because they were being jerks about not allowing it on the case and just getting any PPD from it will defy every lawyer I ever consulted with.

Thanks for leading me down the right rabbit hole!

Glad to help. If you are going to do your own lawyering, you,ll need to use it more then once.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scheduled for a FCE hurt back 18 11,395 08-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Scheduled or None Scheduled uww81 4 5,727 04-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Last Post: uww81
  Scheduled for my IME... injuredinidaho 3 4,798 05-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
  MRI scheduled missmelody 16 9,182 06-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Last Post: missmelody