Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
L5/s1
new York here, I have a question which is some of my own stupidity and ignorance. I have been on comp since 2009 with multiple body parts injured. I had a L5/S1 laminectimy in 2010 but it didn't give any relief. I ended up with permanent nerve damage down my left leg. I have objective findins from IME's stating that I have weakness and diminished reflexes in my left leg. Around a year ago I had severe pain in my left testicle and I was sent to a urologist who said the pain was due to my lower back injury. Around the same time I had issues with incontinence. When asked I never admitted I had this problem partly due to being unsure if it was normal for my age and mostly beings embarrassed to admit it . I'm still  not at MMI, is it to late to tell my my doctor to have this added?
Thank you

no it's not

Section 123 of New York work comp statutes provides the Workers' Compensation Board with authority to reopen closed cases, subject to the time limitation that no awards shall be made against the Special Fund or against an employer where the application is made 'after a lapse of eighteen years from the date of the injury or death and also a lapse of eight years from the date of the last payment of compensation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.