Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employer changed my time
I do have a lawyer for my case and everything but it has been a while since anything has happened and I'm curious on what could happen. 
I was injured on the job recently and just found out while speaking with the lawyer for the insurance company, that my someone at my job went back and changed my time card to make it appear as if I was not clocked in at the time of the incident. I do have proof that it was altered and have provided the proof. 
Just curious on what could happen to who ever altered the documents and then gave them to the insurance company stating that they are true documents.
Thanks in advance for any info!

(11-19-2016, 10:53 AM)Scott2016 Wrote: I do have a lawyer for my case and everything but it has been a while since anything has happened and I'm curious on what could happen. 
I was injured on the job recently and just found out while speaking with the lawyer for the insurance company, that my someone at my job went back and changed my time card to make it appear as if I was not clocked in at the time of the incident. I do have proof that it was altered and have provided the proof. 
Just curious on what could happen to who ever altered the documents and then gave them to the insurance company stating that they are true documents.

The attorney for the insurance company is not supposed to talk to you when you are represented by an attorney. I would let your attorney know what the IC attorney stated. If you have the proof I recommend to give a copy of the proof to your attorney and write down on a narrative what happened including what your conversation was with the insurance company attorney dates and times of this. I also recommend not talking about this with coworkers.

If you can prove your employer purposefully altered timecard in an attempt to deny workers compensation benefits this I believe would be illegal. Every state has different laws. If you were in my state I would recommend to take this to the district attorney, but get your attorney's advice on this and have him review your proof.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Bring your evidence to your local district atty. most every state has anti-fraud provisions.
There is no specific sentence for such a crime, there are a range of possibilities that can be negotiated.they vary by state and yours is unknown.

P.S. You don,t have to be "on-the-clock" to have a comp claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-19-2016, 02:11 PM)1171 Wrote: Bring your evidence to your local district atty. most every state has anti-fraud provisions.
There is no specific sentence for such a crime, there are a range of possibilities that can be negotiated.they vary by state and yours is unknown.

P.S. You don,t have to be "on-the-clock" to have a comp claim.

You dont have to be on the clock for a comp case? I thought you did

If you won,t post your state, I can't offer specific information.

that,s why I corrected you.
Comp coverage is not your insurance; it,s to protect the employer. It,s not "special" health insurance for workers.  Employers buy it to protect them from things that happen to employees at other times and situations as well.

Hopefully you came here to get accurate information and correct your misunderstandings.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-29-2016, 03:23 PM)1171 Wrote: If you won,t post your state, I can't offer specific information.

that,s why I corrected you.
Comp coverage is not your insurance; it,s to protect the employer. It,s not "special" health insurance for workers.  Employers buy it to protect them from things that happen to employees at other times and situations as well.

Hopefully you came here to get accurate information and correct your misunderstandings.
FL

(11-19-2016, 01:29 PM)California_Help Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 10:53 AM)Scott2016 Wrote: I do have a lawyer for my case and everything but it has been a while since anything has happened and I'm curious on what could happen. 

The attorney for the insurance company is not supposed to talk to you when you are represented by an attorney. I would let your attorney know what the IC attorney stated. If you have the proof I recommend to give a copy of the proof to your attorney and write down on a narrative what happened including what your conversation was with the insurance company attorney dates and times of this. I also recommend not talking about this with coworkers.

If you can prove your employer purposefully altered timecard in an attempt to deny workers compensation benefits this I believe would be illegal. Every state has different laws. If you were in my state I would recommend to take this to the district attorney, but get your attorney's advice on this and have him review your proof.

I was talking to them during the deposition. With my lawyer next to me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjuster changed PTP from Neuro to Ortho for Brain Injury. Billy Miller 6 807 10-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  LEGALLY How long the Work compensation Insurance has to send changed doctor APPOINTME ngb_girl@yahoo.com 6 1,513 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: 1171
  my adjuster changed my mpn ka107 2 1,776 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Employer pays me thru my vacation time bodybuilder1958 1 2,294 04-23-2014, 11:45 PM
  Meds changed ammowoman 17 7,188 05-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
Question FCE changed to accomidate new job offer? ammowoman 0 2,031 03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Last Post: ammowoman
  Pa workers comp changed surgery date mikeyb1968 14 14,670 12-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Last Post: mikeyb1968
  laws changed orange 1 3,118 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Changed to stressfull job greenp 1 1,941 10-05-2009, 01:09 AM
  surgeon changed his mind snuffy66 16 8,410 05-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Last Post: sparkey