Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
being forced to keep medical open
i live in california and my case has been ongoing for 20 years we are now talking about closing the case and workers comp is saying that they do not want to close my future mediical but i dont want to keep it open do i have to keep the future medical open?

They,ll close their file when there has not been any activity for a year or more.
If you don,t do anything, it"ll be as good as closed. They,ll send the file off to some archival site and you,ll never hear from them.
If you want to settle, They are not required to accept your price; nor you theirs.
If the parties can,t agree, the case can,t settle.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-16-2016, 11:00 PM)1171 Wrote: They,ll close their file when there has not been any activity for a year or more.
If you don,t do anything, it"ll be as good as closed. They,ll send the file off to some archival site and you,ll never hear from them.
If you want to settle, They are not required to accept your price; nor you theirs.

i want to settle but i dont want to keep my future medical open and they are refusing to close it

I don,t understand your confusion.
they are not required to make a bad deal.
they don,t have to pay more for something you may never use. how much is your future medical worth if it's likely you'll rarely use it?
If they think it,s cheaper for them not to settle, they don,t have to pay you more then they think they,ll spend keeping it open.

just like for you, it's obviously about the money, not about whether the claim is open or closed.
If the price isn't right, they don,t have to buy you out and you don't have to sell.

no business pays more then the asking price--at least not one that is in business very long.
I'll sell you some quarters for $10 a piece; would you buy them?
workers comp is not welfare or charity; no "give-aways" or freebies.

or am I still misunderstanding your question? am I missing something in your post?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-17-2016, 12:07 AM)migv1959 Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 11:00 PM)1171 Wrote: They,ll close their file when there has not been any activity for a year or more.

i want to settle but i dont want to keep my future medical open and they are refusing to close it

What state are you from as every state has different rules?

Do you have an attorney or are you dealing with the claims adjuster on your own?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I just want to know how to post

You can start a new thread by selecting NEW THREAD at the bottom right side in the forum window.
Include the state where you claim is.
You can open the injured worker forum by selecting it in the top index bar.

Or click this link
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum....php?fid=4
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  settlement with open medical Andy1689 2 1,216 08-25-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: 1171
  open medical pros and cons freebird 23 36,392 07-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Bets
  Leaving your medical open Bets 6 1,817 07-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Last Post: adkreb
  Virginia Work Comp/ Forced surgery Kedward7 4 2,885 04-12-2018, 02:36 PM
  forced to use vacation time bryan43016 1 1,508 12-27-2017, 06:46 PM
  Re-Open @ SJDB Shadow 4 2,846 11-21-2016, 05:28 PM
  New to all this but being forced to dispute - Texas revanwright 1 1,497 10-17-2016, 11:59 AM
  NC - "Partial Clincher" for indemnity, open medical HeyNowNC 3 2,874 08-02-2016, 12:00 PM
  Petition To Re Open Shadow 12 9,406 10-29-2015, 01:42 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  re-open settled case Babebahn 8 7,895 08-27-2015, 01:45 AM