Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas
I have been diagnosed with post concussion syndrome and have not worked int 8 months. I am currently seeing a neurologist and having visual therapy done after seeing an optometrist. I also seen an ENT, neuro-optometrist, and had a neuro psych eval. The ENT did maneuvers that were to help with dizziness but never made it go away. The other two really didn't do much and stated there was nothing they could do. Visual therapy has helped a ton with the horrible headaches and dizziness I am having. I am suppose to get a total of 24 visits but I seen the neurologist a few weeks ago and he stated he doesn't believe in this "vision therapy" voodoo and will likely return me back to full time work status when I see him at the end of the month. I asked my nurse case manager for a second opinion and in Kansas they do not have to do that and stated I could go to an outside source if I wanted and they would pay up to 500 but they would not authorize a second opinion. I only have 6 mor vision therapy appointments left so I don't know why the neurologist won't just allow that to happen. He is a very cranky man and is extremely rude every time I see him. My question is if the vision therapy is prescribed who will the work mans comp go by? The neurologist or the optometrist? The optometrist have me on a driving restriction but the neurologist wants me to drive. Also if he does release me back to work do I go back right away? No one is really keeping me in the loop with anything and I have no clue what all I am suppose to be doing.

it's their choice and there is no rule about choosing which doc. if they won't allow a second opinion, that strengthens their support of the neuro.
you don't have to go back at all. the release just allows them to stop disability payments; it's your choice to return or not.
you can also get info from the ombudsman
http://www.dol.ks.gov/WorkComp/ombuds.aspx
if you want to appeal the carrier's decision, you'll need to get that supporting medical evidence to present to the comp board.
you might want to contact your health care provider. they may pay for treatment denied by comp.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

You're welcome, glad to help.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-14-2016, 10:28 PM)1171 Wrote: it's their choice and there is no rule about choosing which doc. if they won't allow a second opinion, that strengthens their support of the neuro.
you don't have to go back at all. the release just allows them to stop disability payments; it's your choice to return or not.
you can also get info from the ombudsman
http://www.dol.ks.gov/WorkComp/ombuds.aspx
if you want to appeal the carrier's decision, you'll need to get that supporting medical evidence to present to the comp board.
you might want to contact your health care provider. they may pay for treatment denied by comp.

If my workmans comp payment stops your saying I don't have to go back to work? I will lose my job then correct? I am also getting long term disability through my job and just got approved for disability through the state. Will either of them stop? Both were verified using vision therapy.

Yes, you can change employers and still keep your comp claim.
you are past the FMLA job protection provisions so they will likely consider you have abandon your job.
If you belong to a union or have a collective bargaining agreement, you may have options.
I have no idea how either of those programs handle contrary disability opinions from different docs. You should look into their dispute resolution process.
Sounds like you need to keep your vision therapy doc. Some states/coverages require one doc be designated as primary for disability purposes. If it,s the neuro that could affect your other disability payments.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cannot send private messages California_Help 1 183 03-24-2019, 05:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 1,154 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
  LEGALLY How long the Work compensation Insurance has to send changed doctor APPOINTME ngb_girl@yahoo.com 6 1,513 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 2,146 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
  NY - Who Do I Send Stuff To?? tbear6410 7 2,404 06-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 19,806 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 15,018 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Sad Scared to go back to work and will I find something lonelylib81 3 5,863 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Back to Work darrinb 4 4,427 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Last Post: darrinb
  Dr said I can go back to work Speedyro1970 4 5,470 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM