Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to read the QME report?
I just my QME report, and I am planning to search for a workers comp lawyer next week.  Meanwhile, I am hoping to find some answers if possible for peace of mind.

I was injured a year ago.  Had 3 doctors from the same clinic treating me initially and placing me on TTD, then later transferred me to a neurologist who also placed me on TTD for work status. 

The claims adjuster objected to the neurologist's TTD work status finding, and requested a QME which took place on 9/26.  Right after, I was assigned to a new neurologist (the old one quit working with the insurance company) who also placed me on TTD until 12/10/16.

I just got my QME report today.  I am having trouble reading this report.  It includes the doctor's record of the face interview, review of previous medical records, results of physical exam, and a summary and conclusion as well as a listing of literature reviews to support his conclusion.  (So many mistakes, by the way, in his report.....sigh.)

The QME doctor did not mention work status at all.  No words about TTD, P&S, or MMI.  In the conclusion, the QME doctor recommends further investigation (MRA, MRI) as well as physical therapy and referring me to see a psychiatrist for evaluation and management.

How should I interpret this report?  I am very anxious (one of my symptoms) since it's not very clear.  I would like to think it means that I am not P&S......but I am not sure.

Any feedback is greatly appreciate so I can hopefully get through this weekend with some peace of mind.

Thank you so much.

Without medical opinion to the contrary they have no evidence supporting denial of TTD.
I suspect they will request a supplemental report. They should notify you.
Once your case is litigated, file for penalties.
A P&S or MMI finding should be plainly stated. The fact that they want more information may mean the doctor is not sure.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(10-28-2016, 08:24 PM)cainjuredworker Wrote: I just my QME report, and I am planning to search for a workers comp lawyer next week.  Meanwhile, I am hoping to find some answers if possible for peace of mind.

I was injured a year ago.  Had 3 doctors from the same clinic treating me initially and placing me on TTD, then later transferred me to a neurologist who also placed me on TTD for work status. 

The claims adjuster objected to the neurologist's TTD work status finding, and requested a QME which took place on 9/26.  Right after, I was assigned to a new neurologist (the old one quit working with the insurance company) who also placed me on TTD until 12/10/16.

I just got my QME report today.  I am having trouble reading this report.  It includes the doctor's record of the face interview, review of previous medical records, results of physical exam, and a summary and conclusion as well as a listing of literature reviews to support his conclusion.  (So many mistakes, by the way, in his report.....sigh.)

The QME doctor did not mention work status at all.  No words about TTD, P&S, or MMI.  In the conclusion, the QME doctor recommends further investigation (MRA, MRI) as well as physical therapy and referring me to see a psychiatrist for evaluation and management.

How should I interpret this report?  I am very anxious (one of my symptoms) since it's not very clear.  I would like to think it means that I am not P&S......but I am not sure.

Any feedback is greatly appreciate so I can hopefully get through this weekend with some peace of mind.

Thank you so much.

You should make a list of the mistakes and take that report down to the work comp board your case is located at and ask for an information and assistance officer to sit down with you and review it. It will be impossible for me to know what anything is from a message board. It is a good thing he did not state you ate MMI because then your TTD stops. You do not want him or any other doctor to state that you are.

Are any of the mistakes substantial that would cause your rating to be different or are they typos? You have 20 days to object to this report and you an request a supplemental and there is a time limit for that and why I really want you to see an I&A officer or meet with an attorney. If the mistakes are not relevant then I do not recommend objecting to this report but you really need a professional to help you and a message board is very limiting. This at least would give you some peace of mind.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PQME's PS Report v/s PTP's PS Report? neckpain101 6 4,775 10-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Read Dime Report...wow! WC wants another opinion lefty 0 2,207 01-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Last Post: lefty
  Want a laugh? - Read Bricklayers Accident Report chrischris 8 10,354 04-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Last Post: WCisBS