Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exercise equipment
I had an L5/s1 disc replacement and had to retire from policework. Doc has said no more surgeries but prescribed me a slew of great horrible things Percocet soma Vicodin ..etc. I am In need of losing of losing weight . Has anyone ever been prescribed exercise eqipment And received it through workerscomp?

Probably.
If you get a Rx for for either a gym membership or the equipment, the Carrier can choose.
Many states have limits on medical treatment so you might not get either.
Weight loss treatment under comp is not standard and the docs will have to make a good case for it -- especially if you don,t lose enough to help your recovery.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Every state has different laws.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(10-14-2016, 10:01 AM)Caprixsparrow Wrote: I had an L5/s1 disc replacement and had to retire from policework. Doc has said no more surgeries but prescribed me a slew of great horrible things Percocet soma Vicodin ..etc. I am In need of losing of losing weight . Has anyone ever been prescribed exercise eqipment And received it through workerscomp?

Would not be authorized in Ohio comp cases except in a very unusual circumstance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Told by new doctor to go exercise? shefallsdown 2 2,091 02-10-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  In-home medical equipment Hydrogon 5 2,625 06-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Last Post: sparkey