Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QME panel received - feeling lost, help!!
(posting from California)

Good afternoon,

I finally received my QME panel list and I am lost as to which doctor will be the most fair. 

I have tried asking a couple of attorneys but some don't want to discuss anything unless I sign with them while others are just not familiar with the names... Is there anyone familiar with doctors in Northern California who I can PM the list to so I can get some input? The specialty is Pain Medicine...

Thank you so much in advance!!

I posted in another forum as well, hoping I can get as much info as possible.

how can you trust the recommendations from anonymous sources?
you can ask your doctor.
you can find out disciplinary actions here
http://www.mbc.ca.gov/
or ask your union representative
there are no guarantees about what any doctor's opinion will be.
why don't you want to pay for professional advice?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-25-2016, 08:31 PM)1171 Wrote: how can you trust the recommendations from anonymous sources?
you can ask your doctor.

Hi 1171,

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

I have asked my doctor, but was hopeful I could learn a bit more about the doctors from someone with experience in the these boards. I want to make sure I make an informed decision; this process is so stressful...
I checked the disciplinary actions website and it was helpful, thank you!!
Some of the attorneys I spoke with recommended that I go through the QME process first before hiring them, so I can choose the QME myself (instead of the IC and attorney striking one doctor off the list each and I get stuck with whoever is left).

If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them. Thank you again Smile

(09-26-2016, 02:57 PM)Palida Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 08:31 PM)1171 Wrote: how can you trust the recommendations from anonymous sources?
you can ask your doctor.

Hi 1171,

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

I have asked my doctor, but was hopeful I could learn a bit more about the doctors from someone with experience in the these boards. I want to make sure I make an informed decision; this process is so stressful...
I checked the disciplinary actions website and it was helpful, thank you!!
Some of the attorneys I spoke with recommended that I go through the QME process first before hiring them, so I can choose the QME myself (instead of the IC and attorney striking one doctor off the list each and I get stuck with whoever is left).

If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them. Thank you again Smile
Send me the names in a pm. I no longer have access to case look up and that is where you can sometimes see past cases that state the doctors opinion and it can be helpful to see as some are obviously on one side of the other. I am pretty good and doing google search and what you should place in the search is reviews and read them and also place the word defense QME or just QME. I can try to help if you want to send me a pm. I also recommend calling more applicant attorney's in your area for opinions on these 3 doctors.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

you might ask each of the docs on the list who's MPN they belong to....
i always thought that type of disclosure should be required before agreeing to do a QME.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-26-2016, 04:16 PM)1171 Wrote: you might ask each of the docs on the list who's MPN they belong to....
i always thought that type of disclosure should be required before agreeing to do a QME.

I thought they would all belong to the IC's MPN. 

I tried asking a couple of questions when I called them but the assistants are always very evasive.

there is no requirement to have an MPN

Review the QME page
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/medicalUnit/faqIW.html
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-26-2016, 07:50 PM)1171 Wrote: there is no requirement to have an MPN

Review the QME page
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/medicalUnit/faqIW.html

Ok, thank you!

(09-26-2016, 07:43 PM)Palida Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 04:16 PM)1171 Wrote: you might ask each of the docs on the list who's MPN they belong to....

I thought they would all belong to the IC's MPN. 

I tried asking a couple of questions when I called them but the assistants are always very evasive.

I just left you a pm. I talked to an attorney in the area and sent his opinion of your panel.

QME offices are not supposed to discuss anything with you or the defense side except for things like date of the appointment. I recommend being very careful when calling because the defense could try to claim ex-parte communication between you and the office (especially if the report is in your favor). QME appointments have strict rules and guidelines and are not supposed to have contact with either side other than general questions like making an appointment or what is their fax number or if they received records you sent etc. This may be why they appeared evasive, but I don't know what questions you asked.

I have seen QME's document everything the injured worker asked/said when they called and wrote it in their report, I think just to cover themselves. Also there is no patient privilege in work comp so anything you say at doctors appointments especially QME's may be written about in a report. This is something that patients do not always know and why I write about it just so you are aware and for your own protection.

A good person to ask questions is information and assistant officers. They can guide you about your upcoming QME appointment and what the process is to send records you want the doctor to have. Your adjuster will need to be notified at least 20 days in advance of you sending anything to your QME and she has to do the same. If the cover letter she wants to send the QME is not accurate you can try to object, but these are things an information and assistance officer can help you better with. You will also receive a list of records your adjuster intends to send. I would look carefully to make sure important reports and testing's are included. You can bring MRI's etc for the exam but records need to be listed 20 days in advance. I hope this helps!
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thank you so much for all the info you've given me. I hope other people will see this thread and use your advice to help their cases!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RECEIVED STIPULATION AWARD ajcateeb 1 2,132 10-11-2016, 05:03 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Do I have to use 1 of the 3 doctors given to me in panel? TN exmuqb14 2 1,576 03-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Last Post: exmuqb14
  received check tammid5251 2 2,528 05-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Office/Desk Job in PA... Cervical Herniation... Feeling Overwhelmed with what to do Sadie8 6 4,579 01-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Sadie8
  SIBS Appeals Panel Decision bigbo88 7 5,131 04-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Last Post: bigbo88
  feeling helpless.... rob1121 1 2,366 04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
  my Qme panel needs review AxedmyAtty 1 5,012 03-12-2012, 01:37 AM
  Approved for SSD Just received 2nd MMI rating lefty 2 6,611 11-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Last Post: lefty
  Calculating wages received for teachers Labyrinth 11 19,732 09-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Labyrinth
  feeling a bit harassed (minnesota) trex 7 6,434 02-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Last Post: trex