Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not following work restrictions
Have injury to the back and the neck was given a 10 pound weight restriction for life,after three years of light duty we got slow so the boss had me go back to my normal job which includes all the things the doctor told me not to do.I had settled with the insurance company and was told by my lawyer that the boss must like me because he would keep me on in the office. Now back at my normal job running a machining center I am feeling like crap sore neck and lower back with weakness in my arms. I guess I just keep going until I can't stand it and go through all this work comp crap again?

You,ve come to realize you have some difficult choices to make.
But you may have some options that most other injured workers  don,t have: an employer that may be willing to work with you.
To help with your decisions you need a better understanding of your medical condition.
I would recommend you get a consultation with the Doctor that treated your condition and find out what kind of shape you are and whether the restriction needs updating get as many specifics as possible.
Then discuss with your employer some options or modifications that might be possible.
You did not specify the type of settlement. Did you buy out all benefits?
What benefits were settled?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Everything was settled up and the case is closed so I guess if anything gets worse now to be an aggravated injury?

a new injury will likely finish you with this employer.
You need to get into a job that meets your restrictions.
It's unusual for an employer to keep a worker on after a buyout settlement as they can be hit again for the same thing.
Hopefully it won't leave you worse off.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Will an IC send a PI before a WC hearing

Sometimes; depends on what issue is being disputed.
A Private Investigator can help if the carrier suspects exaggeration of disability or working while getting payments.
is injury AOE/COE? are you at MMI? are you PD or TD?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-15-2016, 10:15 PM)First-of-his-name Wrote: Everything was settled up and the case is closed so I guess if anything gets worse now to be an aggravated injury?

Your employer may believe you are better now. 1171 gave some good advice and it would be a new injury.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to Lostandconfused 35 4,627 12-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 19,767 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Work Restrictions LAworker 1 2,962 04-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Last Post: 1171
  work restrictions gtpjonny1 1 3,572 05-26-2013, 05:29 PM
  Permanent restrictions: Attorney Says I Have to Prove I Can't Find Work and No Pay HadEnuffAlready 8 28,147 11-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Last Post: dtails
  Employer obligation for work restrictions and retaliation kimber 2 5,274 10-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Last Post: kimber
  fired while on perminent restrictions from a work related injury lostboy72 2 8,307 04-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Last Post: firedtoday
  AME permanent and stationary report and work restrictions jenlesmill 3 14,172 11-11-2011, 06:12 PM
  Work injury and restrictions question. tarabeth 7 28,653 09-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Last Post: gba2011
  dr says he has to send me back to work with no restrictions?? inpainokla 12 16,914 11-24-2009, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Cycler