Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 level acdf c5-t1
Hello everyone . First timeposting. Thanks for any input or comments. I just got back from surgery. 3 level acdf c5-t1. Posibility of posterior work depending on results of this procedure. All this repetitive motion running cranes for 20 years. I was wondering if anyone has had that done and what to expect as ppd rating and compensation value? My worker's comp insurance has been paying me for time off as my company doesn't offer light duty. I have an attorney but am in middle of switching because my first one did nothing. Only reason I got surgery is because i pushed imr and ultimately paid out of pocket for CT mylegram. Can't sleep right now, too soon after surgery. Thought I would see if anyone knows or has been through that procedure? Thank you.

It sounds like you are from California? Each state has different WC rules.

If you are from California your rating is decided after you are healed or P&S'd. It is too soon. Everyone is different and rating does not go by what surgery you have had but how well you are after... so one person who had your surgery may have a completely different PD rating than you.

Why did you pay out of pocket for the CT scan? I would ask your attorney to file for reimbursement for that. It is unknown if you will get reimbursed, but worth a try.

Good luck to you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(09-10-2016, 12:48 PM)California_Help Wrote: It sounds like you are from California? Each state has different WC rules.

If you are from California your rating is decided after you are healed or P&S'd. It is too soon. Everyone is different and rating does not go by what surgery you have had but how well you are after... so one person who had your surgery may have a completely different PD rating than you.

Why did you pay out of pocket for the CT scan? I would ask your attorney to file for reimbursement for that. It is unknown if you will get reimbursed, but worth a try.

Do you know what type of cages/hardware was used and if you had removal of vertebra?

I had a fusion but it was in my lumbar spine. Good luck to you.

Yep from Cali. I paid out of pocket because surgeon that wc sent me to required ct as final step before surgery. IT kept denying because already had MRI. My first attorney was no real help at speeding process up. My condition was getting unbearable so I went ahead and did it regardless. In process of changing attorney now. Don't know tier of hardware. Will find out on follow up on the 18th.

PPD ratings and subsequent payouts have many variables that customize it for a particular worker (body part, impairment rating, age, occupation, Average Weekly Wage, apportionment).

Individual payouts are not based on the type of surgery performed.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-10-2016, 01:00 PM)sore neck Wrote: Yep from Cali. I paid out of pocket because surgeon that wc sent me to required ct as final step before surgery. IT kept denying because already had MRI. My first attorney was no real help at speeding process up. My condition was getting unbearable so I went ahead and did it regardless. In process of changing attorney now. Don't know tier of hardware. Will find out on follow up on the 18th.

I think the fact your doctor needed the CT to move forward and you had the surgery may be grounds to request reimbursement. You can make a copy of your bill and CT scan report, IMR surgery approval that included the CT report and write up an explanation why it was done and ask your attorney to submit it for reimbursement.

It is very difficult for California injured workers to get timely medical treatment and applicant attorney's are limited to things they can do now to move things forward. 

Good luck with your healing.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Mine was an allograft cortical block from spinalcraft. 3 blocks, 8x14x11mm. Won't know about plate and screws till 18th.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Approaching my mmi after a 2 level acdf surgery and the nightmare has no end in sight gopack4mvp2 5 8,464 10-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  lvl 3 acdf cervical bossjld 2 2,787 08-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Last Post: bossjld
  ACDF AND SHOULDER SURGERY NevadaCervical 4567 4 9,844 01-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Last Post: NevadaCervical 4567
  ACDF at c5-6 QLD Australia Bilistik 0 2,553 06-08-2011, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Bilistik
  Cost of 2 level spinal fusion in Illinois chicagoHdiscs 2 10,858 11-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Last Post: nursedina
  3 level fusion praders1 9 12,888 09-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  At MMI-Illinois Claim-3 Level Spinal Fusion clipped wings 6 14,632 08-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Last Post: jayne
  3 level back fussion question highdesertguy 12 13,324 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM
  3 level laminectomy-diskectomy,recovery highdesertguy 2 10,803 03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  3 level laminectomy-discetomy recovery highdesertguy 3 6,541 11-30-2009, 10:59 PM