Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W C Payout
I am currently receiving weekly wage benefits for a knee injury that took place at work. Been on W C for about two months, and if the review board refuses my doctor's request for surgery, to which I am out of work for several more months, am I eligible to a settlement after I recover and return to work ?

(09-07-2016, 04:14 PM)Every state has different WC laws.  In what state is your claim? Jake Ounce Wrote: I am currently receiving weekly wage benefits for a knee injury that took place at work. Been on W C for about two months, and if the review board refuses my doctor's request for surgery, to which I am out of work for several more months, am I eligible to a settlement after I recover and return to work ?
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

generally those that use the term "settlement"really mean permanent impairment benefits. if it's determine that you have a permanent disability because of the injury, then you would be eligible for addition payments for permanent impairment.
not all states pay impairment benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-07-2016, 06:23 PM)1171 Wrote: generally those that use the term "settlement"really mean permanent impairment benefits. if it's determine that you have a permanent disability because of the injury, then you would be eligible for addition payments for permanent impairment.
not all states pay impairment benefits.

Thanks.

You are welcome . Glad to help.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifetime medical payout Jerry_Rivera 2 623 03-12-2019, 11:04 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Calculating payout after settlement SMG4643 2 594 01-18-2019, 06:48 PM
  Payout for Future Medical Calculation humptydumpty 4 18,320 07-12-2011, 03:07 PM