Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused case
I was diagnosed with severe Rhabdomyolosis in December of last year while working as a cook in a very nice establishment.My manager never liked me and placed me in a two man job so that o could fail,after doing this two man job all day,which permits no breaks no hydration,I developed rhabdo and was hospitalized for 6 days!Upon release,dr have me a limitation note to turn in but I found out she fired me while I was hospitalized and never filed for me!So I did,and was denied because my manager said it never happened.So I hired a lawyer and gave him all evidence including text messages between me and the manager while I was in the er.now 9 months later workers comp wants to settle,without any rating.they never paid for anything but since they know the employer lied and they failed to investigate are they just trying to make me go away or is this normal

Of course they want the claim to go away; no one wants lots of claims that stay open a long time.

It's normal and required to try and settle disputes before allowing the court to get involved. It's more efficient as far as time and resources to resolve issues thru negotiations rather then require a hearing.
settlements and settlement attempts are a standard practice in all forms of litigation. they would rather you take the $$ all at once rather then have them dole it out piecemeal.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-05-2016, 04:45 PM)Nogainallpain Wrote: I was diagnosed with severe Rhabdomyolosis in December of last year while working as a cook in a very nice establishment.My manager never liked me and placed me in a two man job so that o could fail,after doing this two man job all day,which permits no breaks no hydration,I developed rhabdo and was hospitalized for 6 days!Upon release,dr have me a limitation note to turn in but I found out she fired me while I was hospitalized and never filed for me!So I did,and was denied because my manager said it never happened.So I hired a lawyer and gave him all evidence including text messages between me and the manager while I was in the er.now 9 months later workers comp wants to settle,without any rating.they never paid for anything but since they know the employer lied and they failed to investigate are they just trying to make me go away or is this normal

This is normal and your attorney will weigh it out if it is worth settling or going forward. Work comp laws differ by state and you did not post your state.

If you are from California there is a system for denied injuries and you would be seen by an AME or QME.

Has a doctor written you got Rhabdomysis from your work (no hydration)?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Yes California_help,the doctors even said that I needed to file and not work there anymore,we went to one mediation hearing and they stated that they "wanted to make peace and settle" but I ended up getting too hot and sick so we filed a continuance to take place next month.Even still I feel as if they neglected me because of a lie and now I'll never get back to my former self.They could've provided physical therapy for me while they investigated now I can barley do anything and every where I read a person with my job shouldn't have caught this unless gross negligence was present.It has me so frustrated,especially since I used to b the bread winner and now I'm not....some days I just feel worthless

Unfortunately You got caught up in a bad situation. Workers comp is only going to deal with the injury and not the circumstances or motivations that existed otherwise. Comp insurance doesn't try to resolve complaints of workers who were wronged.
Your best response is to focus on your health and try and leave the rest out of it.
Getting back to some work as soon as possible is the best thing you can do to put the whole incident behind you.
Ask your doctor for a referral for counseling; anger & depression often accompany prolonged pain and serious health issues.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

This happened in Florida,and I'm looking for answers as I still suffer from this daily,if anyone has any info on the long term effects on the muscular system after this please provide thanks

https://www.dailystrength.org/group/rhabdomyolysis

There are several support groups for this condition. Do an internet google search and you can pull up under rhabdomyolysis support groups.

There is a lot of information available on the internet about this condition, however discussing this with your doctor is the best thing to do.These types of conditions have different causes and everyone is different.... and just because you read something on the internet does not mean this will happen to you.

I did a google search on long term effects of this and there are numerous links, but again a doctor would be the best person to get info on this.

I really like 1171 advice for you and I wish you the best.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.