Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One month since injury....waiting
Hi, new to board.   My question is how long does a person have to wait to get pre authorization for surgery?  I have a slap tear, tendonitis and fluid build up in dominate arm. Had MRI, orthopedic surgeon wants to do surgery asap...but wc needs to OK it first, this was three weeks ago.   Live in Wisconsin.      I read and reread everything on Wisconsin wc page and can't find any info.    Thanks in advance.

It,s possible there isn't a time limit.
You should email the bureau of claims management
http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/wc/about_us/direct.htm
You health provider maybe willing to provide disputed care.
If it's an emergency, treatment can be done without approval.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Update..fast one..lol. They pre authorized the surgery today...I guess calling a lot works wonders. Plus the adjuster explained about my checks, and is pushing that my first one comes within the week. Had lost hours due to restrictions. Now hopefully everything stays smoothly.

Things tend to move slower when there are so many steps to the work comp process. Hopefully you,ll continue to get the treatment you need when you need it.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Good Luck... here in my part of NY, they have 30 days to approve anything and if they want to be nasty, they can take up to 30 days to send your biweekly check....

It takes seemingly forever I've been waiting 5+ months for an MRI looks like I need a QME first? America really has the worst health Care possible.
Sad  CDC Guideline 2016 Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain will be the death of me.
[url=http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm]http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm[/url]

Richard, They have 5-14 days to respond to your doctors request in CA. I recommend asking your doctors office for a copy of the RFA and fax/mail confirmation to see what the issue is. Going back to the QME will most likely not help. I recommend to track the paperwork and ask your doctor to re-request it if it was ignored.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IME 1 month after surgery Chuckles242 13 5,319 05-30-2018, 11:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Third QME Visit next month(California) kibby 55 32,064 10-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  injured on job a month ago (NJ) ree62 3 3,834 09-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Just found out today they closed my case last month & I was not notified by anyone! Sunshine7 26 27,451 06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Last Post: angels72
  WC stopped my benefits.. surgery is next month firebird2286 4 5,493 05-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Last Post: firebird2286
  6 month recheck Babebahn 4 3,591 09-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Babebahn