Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancelling an Imr
So I'm looking for information when canceling an imr if I have an attorney. If I'm going to cancel this Imr can I do this myself without doing it through my attorney?  Because I read on the department of work comp that a letter has to be mailed out to the defense stating that I am canceling the IMR and the reason .

The reason why am asking this is because I am aware of how I cannot have any contact with the insurance company. I know that this is not the insurance company, it is the defense but I have been told any contact has to be done through my attorney and they will contact the defense. In California

(08-28-2016, 10:19 PM)Animatedbreak84 Wrote: So I'm looking for information when canceling an imr if I have an attorney. If I'm going to cancel this Imr can I do this myself without doing it through my attorney?  Because I read on the department of work comp that a letter has to be mailed out to the defense stating that I am canceling the IMR and the reason .

The reason why am asking this is because I am aware of how I cannot have any contact with the insurance company. I know that this is not the insurance company, it is the defense but I have been told any contact has to be done through my attorney and they will contact the defense.  In California

You can ask your attorney to cancel it or you can do it. You just call MAXIMUS and cancel it. They look it up by the info on the IMR. You can let your attorney know and he can notify your claims adjuster. I would not contact the defense if you are represented, let your attorney do that.

Are you sure you want to cancel the IMR? This may affect receiving the requested treatment for up to 12 months. Again, I recommend discussing this with your attorney first.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thank you, yes I am sure I want to cancel it. I am exploring other options. I will contact Maximus. Then notify my attorney so they will let the defense know.