Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total knee replacement
CT workers comp prisoner related. I had a total knee replacement in September 2015 with block that made my leg feel like a wet noodle the nurse instead of walking me all the way to the toilet let me go at the door and she was in a rush to get her report in the computer. I ended up falling 2 times same reason different times because of the block I could not feel any pain well the components moved and it was later determined that I had to have a revision of the knee  this was done on April of 2016 went well felt great minimum swelling and no pain until a home visiting therapist bent my knee to far causing bleeding and tearing of the skin between the staples. My knee has not been the same since alot of swelling and pain and now having it scoped this month to see what is wrong with it so 3 surgeries with in a year. Trying to find out what kind of rating and permanent disability I should receive. I live in Connecticut

Residule motion, strength, etc. used for ratings can't be measured until you've reached maximum medical improvement.
Ratings are not based on What the doctors do or how many surgeries but on how well you recover. you really need to wait until healing has been complete. You"d hate to get a lower rating when things are going good only to have another setback.
As a prisoner you may not be able to collect any disability payments while incarcerated.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(08-17-2016, 11:26 PM)I1171 Wrote: Residule motion, strength, etc. used for ratings can't be measured until you've reached maximum medical improvement.
Ratings are not based on What the doctors do or how many surgeries but on how well you recover. you really need  to wait until healing has been complete. You"d hate to get a lower rating when things are going good  only to have another setback.
As a prisoner you may not be able to collect any disability payments while incarcerated.

I'm not a prisoner I am a marshal

very generally without other factors and if your doctor uses the AMA rating guides: between 15% and 30% whole person depending on the your results.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(08-18-2016, 12:45 AM)Fordman Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 11:26 PM)I1171 Wrote: Residule motion, strength, etc. used for ratings can't be measured until you've reached maximum medical improvement.
Ratings are not based on What the doctors do or how many surgeries but on how well you recover. you really need  to wait until healing has been complete. You"d hate to get a lower rating when things are going good  only to have another setback.

I'm not a prisoner I am a marshal

I am a ford man,79 250.
I hope you have an attorney,  If not pm me i will give you the name of the firm most State Employees use.
I was a CT state worker and this firm is one of the best.  Good Luck 

yes you have a few things going on here WC might not want to pay for the 2nd surgery or anything that came from it. Get a damn good lawyer. Talk to several before you sign with one. you want to know how long you will have to wait to get a call back from him if you file in a question will it be from him or a paralegal Is he a settler or does he like a good fight. Is he honest if he cant look you in the eye, pass do you know a lawyer in another field that knows of a good honest lawyer. I know not many of them around. Are State laws different than reg. I think so. As a marshal you most likely have a working knowledge of the ones who are not totally dishonest. Oh and thanks for catching 1171 off guard that doesn't happen often so you are now my friend....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cost of total knee replacement Treeburn 10 25,298 01-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: queenlee
  Can Total Temporary Disability checks stop without the final written QME report? cainjuredworker 14 8,995 11-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Aprox PPD rating for DDD Lumbar Disc Replacement Wabackinjury 3 4,712 07-18-2015, 12:02 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Permanent Total Ohio leomias 1 2,690 03-25-2015, 11:23 AM
  Permanent Total Ohio leomias 1 2,052 03-25-2015, 11:20 AM
  Has anyone experienced problems with their total hip replacements beentherenstillwaitin 1 2,379 02-18-2015, 02:18 PM
  perm total disability awarded/atty fees lisawilson7991 4 5,848 07-29-2014, 10:17 PM
  Knee Replacement jillbilly 2 3,782 07-19-2014, 09:59 PM
  CA WC total denial, covering medical...HELP, ADVICE, PERSPECTIVE?! BrokenandBeaten 6 6,863 06-23-2014, 11:47 PM
Last Post: BrokenandBeaten
Question pain coming back 6yrs after disc replacement RockyTopVFL 6 8,891 04-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62