Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice
I injured my knee last March at work. Kept being told that is was a sprain. After being seen by another doctor and an MRI was done they found 2 tears in my meniscus. Surgery was scheduled last July. I was sent back to work 8 days after surgery on light duty. I am a maintence tech, there is no such thing as light duty so I as lifting 100 lb air conditioners and crawling around on my knees. After 3 days went by my knee was very swollen. Went back to doc and he pulled 2 tubes of blood out of it and pulled me from work. He sent me to physical therapy . I couldn't even do a straight leg raise and seemed to loose all muscle definition in that leg. After almost a year of pt I gained back muscle definition but still have alot of pain in that knee. Another MRI was done a few months back due to my knee locking up and buckling bad. MRI came back as another tear . He pushed for surgery and wc denied it and asked to treat it in a more conservative approach. My doc signed off on it with more pt. I have extreme pain when I try to bend it with my body weight or go up a step. Went to doc 2 months and doc said he wanted to focus on starting to try to bend the knee with weight at pt. 2 months went by and I never heard got a confirmation to go back pt this time. Insead I got a call from the nurse case manager after my appt with the doc saying I have a quad weakness and I need work conditioning to fix it. She called my doc and told him she was denying the pt and wanted to do work condition and he said ok. It's been 4 days of work condition 4-5 hours 3 times a week. They got me trying to squat down and pick weight up. My leg shakes and i get excruciating pain across the knee cap when I try to do it. They tell me to basically do it anyway and i tell them no it hurts. I've been taking the grunt of the weight lifting on my other legand now that seems to be really bothering me also. Contacted my doc and he prescribed an antiinflammatory. Called my lawyer and let him know. He said he can't do anything since the doc signed off on it and if I didn't do it I won't get paid. I have kids so ive been doing it by cheating. I don't squat down I lift with my back. Well now.my bsck has been killing along with my knee. Told them about the pain but they don't do anything. My paper says light work conditioning with physical therapy. Yesterday I asked the pt in charge and he said I'm going work conditioning, there is no such thing as light work conditiong with pt. My doc says he signed off on the work conditioning because they denied the pt. Not sure what to do here. I come home in pain and can't get up because I'm so sore. Just seems each day the pain gets worse.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

You can request to change doctors.
You can get a second opinion.
You can go to court if/when treatment is denied.
Denied care can often be obtained thru general health insurance.
You can file a second claim on your knee if there was a new injury.
You can file a claim on your back.
You can go to another doctor for back treatment.
Keep your atty advised.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

duplicate
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Who do I request a doc change to or a 2nd opinion? The nurse case manager will not help me and has been dictating where she wants this to go. My truck broke down 2 weeks ago and I missed the first appt for evaluation for work conditioning so they didn't pay me that week even though I called in and told them.

(07-28-2016, 01:22 PM)Jjp1708 Wrote: Who do I request a doc change to or a 2nd opinion? The nurse case manager will not help me and has been dictating where she wants this to go. My truck broke down 2 weeks ago and I missed the first appt for evaluation for work conditioning so they didn't pay me that week even though I called in and told them.

What state are you in as every state has different work comp rules?

Can you ask your attorney for assistance with changing doctors?

If the pain gets too bad I would recommend going to the emergency room.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I'm in Maryland. My attorney says there is nothing he can do as long as my doctor keeps signing off on stuff. He initially prescribed me to go back to therapy for 6 more weeks where I've been going for close to a year. He said I as still improving at a slow pace. The nurse case manager denied the physical therapy and called my doc and asked could Indo work condition instead. The doc said ok. My lawyer said if he would have told us that then he could have called a hearing instead of saying I could. I got into it on the phone with the nurse case manager a few weeks ago as I have caught her in a lie. She told.me I wasn't improving that's why she pushed for work condition when my doctor specifically said I still was improving at pt. The place I'm going now is a totally new facility

(07-28-2016, 01:22 PM)Jjp1708 Wrote: Who do I request a doc change to or a 2nd opinion? The nurse case manager will not help me and has been dictating where she wants this to go. My truck broke down 2 weeks ago and I missed the first appt for evaluation for work conditioning so they didn't pay me that week even though I called in and told them.

in maryland you can select your treating physician.
your doctor can arrange for a consult with another orthopedist.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Wc will have to approve that?

(07-28-2016, 02:59 PM)Jjp1708 Wrote: Wc will have to approve that?

WCC generally gets involved when there,s a dispute; they don,t certify or register doctors
http://www.wcc.state.md.us
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I would make sure you pick the doctor and do not allow your nurse case manager to pick.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.