Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my adjuster changed my mpn
hello.
has anyone heard of this?
on 6-30 my nurse case managers (corvel) sent me a letter stating i could no longer use their MPN effective 6-30.
A week later, my adjuster sent me a letter stating i have to use a new MPN that contains almost no doctors.
It lists only 3 psychiatrists in los angeles. the online reviews for these guys are bad.

I read the laws that say the adjustor must give me 60 days notice, and hold everyone in the company to the same MPN.

They are doing neither.

Anyone know whats going on?

(07-17-2016, 10:07 PM)ka107 Wrote: hello.
on 6-30 my nurse case managers (corvel) sent me a letter stating i could no longer use their MPN effective 6-30.
A week later, my adjuster sent me a letter stating i have to use a new MPN that contains almost no doctors.
It lists only 3 psychiatrists in los angeles. the online reviews for these guys are bad.

I read the laws that say the adjustor must give me 60 days notice, and hold everyone in the company to the same MPN.

They are doing neither.

You can ask your adjuster or contact your employer. No one here has access to your fle or the carrier.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-17-2016, 10:07 PM)ka107 Wrote: hello.

They are doing neither.

Sometimes companies change MPN's...but since you are in California, they have to be approved.

Everyone in the company needs to have the same MPN. They cannot give you a different one or modify their MPN by giving you a different pass code for example. not saying this happened to you but I have seen some really weird things attempted in regards to MPN.

I assume you have a link to the MPN and you are not just asking for a list of doctors from the NCM or claims adjuster?

Here is a few links. Is your employer self insured? You can look up what MPN is authorized for your employer either my the insurance company or your employer (if self insured).

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/mpn/dwc_mpn_main.html

You should also be able contact the medical unit to assist you with looking up what MPN goes to your employer. If they do not help you let me know and I will try to see if I can look it up.
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/medicalunit/imchp.html

From my limited experience with my own MPN and also looking through California injured workers MPN's to attempt to assist them in finding doctors is some MPN's have very confusing search engines that make it difficult to find all of the doctors within the MPN. I assume this is on purpose, but who knows. Try doing some different types of searches.

Also, there are rules to how many doctors in a certain area should be available to you in the MPN, and if not sometimes you can request to treat outside of the MPN. This can be difficult though. I recommend calling the 3 doctors offices on the list and see if they number one take work comp patients and new patients (just curious).

Try doing a search outside of Los Angeles. Are you doing a search by city or by miles?

One last thing, be careful of the nurse case manager. They usually have an agenda and that is to look out for the insurance company's best interest. However I have read some are helpful, especially if the patient has severe injuries.

Are you currently at a doctor who is not in the new MPN? If so and you wish to continue to see him I can give you some advice on this about transfer of care rules depended upon your condition, they cannot yank you out of treatment so easily...but it is depended upon certain circumstances.

If you do not have an attorney you can also request help from an information and assistance officer.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjuster requested IME Innovation79 12 1,603 02-06-2019, 11:41 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Adjuster changed PTP from Neuro to Ortho for Brain Injury. Billy Miller 6 808 10-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  LEGALLY How long the Work compensation Insurance has to send changed doctor APPOINTME ngb_girl@yahoo.com 6 1,514 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
  Employer changed my time Scott2016 6 2,177 01-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Scott2016
  Adjuster doesn't communicate with me. Tiberius 2 2,024 11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Need help in adjuster hell! lilrose 3 3,163 03-29-2016, 12:39 AM
  Dealing with WC Adjuster and Lawyer/ GA corawilke 2 3,135 09-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  workers comp adjuster marcoleman 12 16,015 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Last Post: marcoleman
  Meds changed ammowoman 17 7,192 05-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Adjuster says claim is closed AxedmyAtty 4 5,881 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: AxedmyAtty