Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AC Joint Reconstruction Surgery HELP
Hello!

I recently underwent surgery for a separated acromioclavicular joint. It was displaced by over 200%. The surgery consisted of an arthroscope incision as-well-as a 3 inch x 1/4 inch incision to access the joint. The joint was then repaired by drilling two holes through the clavicle and securing it using grafts. I was in a sling for 6 weeks and will have a total recovery time of greater than 4 months. Can anyone tell me what I can expect as far as permanent loss in function as well as for the permanent disfigurement for the scaring? I'm not looking for compensation numbers. I only looking for average range of PPD after having such a surgery. As-well-as what you think the scar will be rated as in relation to the body as a whole. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Yes , a physician that is familiar with what your state uses for a rating guideline or even if your state uses impairment ratings would be in the best position to make such a guess. There are no published statistics on what ratings were given for what you describe.
Many measurements go into an upper extremity rating and they can,t be estimated by what your surgeon did or how long you were in sling.
There are 50 different comp systems in the US, there is no one answer for all.
Not all states even rate scaring.
If you know your states rating guideline you could probably find a copy in a local medical library. The AMA is one such guide and it devotes about 100 pages to upper extremities - depending on the edition used.
Generally the more recent the surgery the more difficult it is to predict the extent of permanent impairment that may be present after you,ve reached maximum medical improvement.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

You're welcome.
Glad we could help.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-13-2016, 06:39 PM)acOuch Wrote: Hello!

I recently underwent surgery for a separated acromioclavicular joint. It was displaced by over 200%. The surgery consisted of an arthroscope incision as-well-as a 3 inch x 1/4 inch incision to access the joint. The joint was then repaired by drilling two holes through the clavicle and securing it using grafts. I was in a sling for 6 weeks and will have a total recovery time of greater than 4 months. Can anyone tell me what I can expect as far as permanent loss in function as well as for the permanent disfigurement for the scaring? I'm not looking for compensation numbers. I only looking for average range of PPD after having such a surgery. As-well-as what you think the scar will be rated as in relation to the body as a whole. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Stick to physical therapy, especially icing. I recommend cold therapy system to freeze joints, which is more convenient and easier to use than ice packs. You can find ice pads that fit your joints, and you don't have to freeze the ice pack again and again. It is most helpful for reducing pain and eliminating joint swelling.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Knee Reconstruction after Tibial Plateau Fracture (Shattered) Justus420 5 2,066 08-08-2018, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Justus420
  Facet joint Injections tpm 23 15,175 06-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Last Post: tweety00
  A site explaining common joint surgeries dipweed23 5 4,188 07-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Last Post: MJC