Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Is it time for an attorney?
My back was seriously injured in the oilfields of Wyoming. I live in North Carolina.  I've been receiving benefits from workers comp. and had a double fusion. I've been evaluated and seen an Impairment rating doctor and her report states a whole body impairment rating of 24%. Needless to say Wyoming Workers comp. Is saying she did it wrong. They have sent the doctor a request to amend her report but she is standing behind her decision. Workers Comp. has informed me that they are going to find another Impairment Rating Dr. for me to see. 

Bottom line...should I be seeking legal representation? WC has been quite helpful so far but I will not survive long without enough compensation to completely redesign my life. I can no longer perform manual labor and I have 3 kids to support. I'm suffering sexual difficulty and I've been married for 15 years.  I have incontinent episodes now and I'm only 39. I can't sit or stand for too long. I've been riding a scooter more than driving my car because it's too difficult to get in and out of my car.

I there a ball park amount of compensation I should expect? I know that it's a very subjective question but ballpark would help so that I know what to do with my life.

Yes.
The carrier is entitled to a rebuttal medical report so that won,t  change.
Any time there is a dispute it has to be settled by negotiation or by the comp court.
In either case it's a job for an experienced comp atty.
100 % is total disability so you are a long way from being able to live on any disability award or "settlement".
Partial  disability is very limited so you,ll have to find a job within your restrictions.
Don,t confuse comp benefits with civil liability. Comp is no fault and very limited.
Until your rating is fixed there is no way of pricing the payments.
For more information on comp in Wyoming
http://wyomingworkforce.org/workers/workerscomp/
Ballpark: somewhere between the two medical reports.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Simply, YES!

Past time for an attorney, at least to review your case. If they find something they can make money with they'll likely help. At least you'll know you've done all you can.
Sad  CDC Guideline 2016 Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain will be the death of me.
[url=http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm]http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm[/url]

(06-27-2016, 05:25 PM)Patrickius77 Wrote: My back was seriously injured in the oilfields of Wyoming. I live in North Carolina.  I've been receiving benefits from workers comp. and had a double fusion. I've been evaluated and seen an Impairment rating doctor and her report states a whole body impairment rating of 24%. Needless to say Wyoming Workers comp. Is saying she did it wrong. They have sent the doctor a request to amend her report but she is standing behind her decision. Workers Comp. has informed me that they are going to find another Impairment Rating Dr. for me to see. 

Bottom line...should I be seeking legal representation? WC has been quite helpful so far but I will not survive long without enough compensation to completely redesign my life. I can no longer perform manual labor and I have 3 kids to support. I'm suffering sexual difficulty and I've been married for 15 years.  I have incontinent episodes now and I'm only 39. I can't sit or stand for too long. I've been riding a scooter more than driving my car because it's too difficult to get in and out of my car.

I there a ball park amount of compensation I should expect? I know that it's a very subjective question but ballpark would help so that I know what to do with my life.
I recommend consulting with a few work comp attorney's.

In regards to your incontinent and sexual difficulty have you been seen by a Urologist? Sometimes these things can be helped my medications. There are also physical therapist who specialize in this.

Also, where was your two level fusion, lumbar or cervical and how long ago was your fusion? Did you have these complications before or after the fusion? If it is after I would recommend taking a copy of your MRI and other scan to a Nerosurgeon who specializes in the spine for a second opinion. In my opinion these are these are the best specialty to see if there is something going on in your spine that is causing these symptoms. Have you been given a diagnosis of what your bladder and sexual dysfunction is? Some conditions that are due to spine injury need to be diagnoses ASAP when they are affecting the bladder and/or bowel for best chance of recovery. This is an example of one such syndrome.
http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/l...a-syndrome

There is a specialty known of UroNeurologist, I may have the spelling wrong but they specialize in spinal injuries that result in bladder dysfunction. Large University teaching hospitals usually have the most update testings available for people with urinary problems from a spinal injury.

Have you applied for Social Security Disability benefits? I only mention this if you have been out of work for 12 months or your doctor anticipates you being out of work for 12 months at least.

A good friend of mine had same symptoms you are having incontinence and sexual dysfunction. He went to another surgeon who found something was compressing his spinal cord, removed it and he went back to normal almost immediately. I have also seen patients improve with medications. You first need to find out the cause and this may take going to several different doctors. I wish you good luck.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad South Carolina is it time to hire an attorney? Amarie1121 2 3,255 08-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Is it time to get an Attorney? greene25 7 6,408 09-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  time to get an attorney buildergirl1973 9 6,112 10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Has anyone hired another attorney to fight Dr. reports or Attorney mishandeling Confusedd 17 17,205 02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  State Attorney or Private Attorney? jdx4 13 12,572 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo