Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Average weekly benefits
Injured workers in Connecticut, you are getting paid from 15 to 20% less than what you should receive.
The average weekly benefit table is wrong. Police officers, firemen, or any other injured workers, this table is cheating you for the insurance companies. Your lawyer may not want to address that with you, but it is not difficult to calculate.
 According to Connecticut General Statutes you are supposed to get 75% of the result of the calculation of your average weekly benefit after TAX. Well workers' compensation benefits are not taxable and yet taxes are still deducted from your weekly benefit, because you receive what you would receive if taxes were deducted. What happen to that money? Sad
Read the law, check the table and do the math. You  are being cheated from $70 to $90 a week from the first check you received after your injury.

Do the math, you are being cheated. 

if the computation is according to the law then you are not being cheated, there is just a conflict.
if you think the 2 laws are in conflict why don't you take it to court?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Rolleyes 
(06-23-2016, 04:40 PM)WCCvictim Wrote: Injured workers in Connecticut, you are getting paid from 15 to 20% less than what you should receive.
The average weekly benefit table is wrong. Police officers, firemen, or any other injured workers, this table is cheating you for the insurance companies. Your lawyer may not want to address that with you, but it is not difficult to calculate.
 According to Connecticut General Statutes you are supposed to get 75% of the result of the calculation of your average weekly benefit after TAX. Well workers' compensation benefits are not taxable and yet taxes are still deducted from your weekly benefit, because you receive what you would receive if taxes were deducted. What happen to that money? Sad
Read the law, check the table and do the math. You  are being cheated from $70 to $90 a week from the first check you received after your injury.

Do the math, you are being cheated. 

WCB Cheating someone!! I'm shocked just shocked!!! That's why you need a lawyer.. Been there doing that. I just got my case bumped filed the forms the state told me to, just got a rejection letter stating they require four more forms they didn't mention. Meanwhile I can't get pain meds refilled, everything is on hold. It doesn't get easier, I understand I'm supposed to just suicide now but I'm not broke yet I guess I'll just keep AT IT. Good Luck to you.
Sad  CDC Guideline 2016 Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain will be the death of me.
[url=http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm]http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm[/url]

(06-23-2016, 05:28 PM)1171 - What court are talking about? What is a conflict? I must say you do not sound like an injured worker, and if you are, that\s your lost. The computation of the average weekly benefit is written by law, but the weekly benefit table  ( Which by law must be written) is written by the chairman who wares the law to profit the insurance companies and their lawyer friends. If you are an injured worker, read " Based on 75% after tax". Wrote: if the computation is according to the law then you are not being cheated, there is just a conflict.
if you think the 2 laws are in conflict why don't you take it to court?

have you discussed your legal theory with any attys or other legal experts?
I can't believe you would continue pushing this idea once you were turned away by those who actually know what the law states.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Well, the attorney for  the insurance company  wants workers' comp to dismiss the  matter because thousands of claims have been paid with that table, not because of substance. This sounds like acknowledging the validity of that claim. As a lawyer don't you think? One on  Lyon terrace told me  about this matter "that's how it is"  and mail me a response ( post dated) two days before a hearing. Are these the lawyers you talking about? I might not participate in your forum anymore, but keep your eyes and ears open, you will hear in due time a lot more about this, if I am not assassinated.

By the way you still don't sound like an injured worker, as a matter of fact  you sound less and less like one. I don't believe you are one at all. You sound like August who told me " I am a businessman, if you want to settle your case I will  help you..." At that time I was in and out of the Emergency Room for about three months with an injury that was never treated. he forgot  what the Hippocratic Oat. Do you by any chance know any of the lawyers  who used to work for their pay?  The blood has dried? 

have you discussed your legal theory with any attys or other legal experts?
I can't believe you would continue pushing this idea once you were turned away by those who actually know what the law states.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CALIF AVERAGE COMP & MED PER CLAIM 1171 2 425 04-15-2019, 11:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Average weekly benefits and taxes adsen 8 4,025 06-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Last Post: WCCvictim
  Receiving weekly payments Osok 3 3,113 05-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Osok
  Is $300 Legal Fees for Every Hearing Supposed to Come Out of My Bi-Weekly Check? Scaffoldrider 1 2,398 08-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Big Grin Compensation Deferred & Average Weekly Wage Award MD Mzkelly82 5 8,140 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM
  weekly rate redsoxfan 30 23,944 04-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  AVERAGE $$ VALUE OF PPD RATINGS IN CALIFORNIA 1171 13 28,773 01-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  weekly benefits ccssmm 1 2,651 01-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  average weekly wage for salaried employe hnws2000 3 4,388 12-11-2008, 08:34 PM
  refusal to pay weekly comp check mdctour 47 29,699 07-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Last Post: tweety00