Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Qme findings new pd rate CA
right, good catch. another example on why we need more then one set of eyes.

as much as I try to avoid assumptions, when they posted "letter" I fell for the rating being legit -- especially from someone so long in the system.

depending on the injury type, if they haven't been under surveillance before, they probably will be now.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Yes  I know that's attorneys and the ptp do not make that decision on how much I am pd & a injured worker is rated.   However the QME Dr. he is the one who rated me 81% WPI which falls within a bracket that can be altered to 100% disability rating

so that Dr. however does have the power to rate me and the Insurance company has not disputed the qme rating I do have a hearing set up with Ic defense Towards the end of the year I have been dealing with insurance companies for over 10 years and I am very aware of how they work. No I have not been thru the deu, i just got done not too long with a Qme.

This is not a rating that I made up as mentioned this is what I received from the QME report which I had obtained. Due to the condition and the severity of my injury this is something that I want to withhold. no I have not been followed by a PI but I do foresee this in the future because of the extent of the QME report rating

I came here to get it vice not to be criticized I think that we should all work together assuming mostly on this forum is someone who has either been in a work related accident or know someone who has been involved in one.

I think you just jumped the gun a bit expecting the big $$$ before there is even a DEU rating.
If you are at 100% the payments will come. You've waited 10 yrs another few months shouldn't be too difficult.
Just want you to be aware the carrier will verify everything before paying including use of a PI.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Ya I think if they were going to hire a pi they would have done it along time ago

(06-14-2016, 10:38 PM)Animatedbreak84 Wrote: Yes  I know that's attorneys and the ptp do not make that decision on how much I am pd & a injured worker is rated.   However the QME Dr. he is the one who rated me 81% WPI which falls within a bracket that can be altered to 100% disability rating

so that Dr. however does have the power to rate me and the Insurance company has not disputed the qme rating I do have a hearing set up with Ic defense Towards the end of the year I have been dealing with insurance companies for over 10 years and I am very aware of how they work.  No I have not been thru the deu, i just got done not too long with a Qme.

This is not a rating that I made up as mentioned this is what I received from the QME report which I had obtained. Due to the condition and the severity of my injury this is something that I want to withhold. no I have not been followed by a PI but I do foresee this in the future because of the extent of the QME report rating

I came here to get it vice not to be criticized I think that we should all work together assuming mostly on this forum is someone who has either been in a work related accident or know someone who has been involved in one.
I have not seen any post that criticized you. I think it is easy to take things personally on text or forums that were not meant the way the person is reading it. If I have made you feel criticized in any way I am sorry and not my intent.

They hire PI's at any time, including after a settlement. This was stated for your own best interest to make sure you are within your doctors restrictions. The good PI's you would never be aware of.

Your rating has to go through the rating unit. I recommend taking your paperwork down to the WCAB your case it located and sit down with an I&A officer about your ratings and what they recommend moving forward.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(06-13-2016, 09:09 PM)1171 Wrote: $270 is the maximum for PD less then 100% for dates of injury in 2009.
"Permanent total disability benefits (based on permanent disability of 100%) are paid for life, at the temporary disability rate. For injuries that occur on or after January 1, 2003, the benefit rate will be adjusted each year based on any increase in the state average weekly wage (SAWW)."
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/WorkersCompens...nefits.htm
your rate depends on your Average Weekly Earnings.
Permanent Total disability or a 100% PD rating is paid at the maximum TTD rate and is also subject to yearly cost of living increases.
the current Maximum TTD rate is $1128.43 per week.
http://www.dir.ca.gov/DIRNews/2015/2015-57.pdf
if the rating is in dispute so will your payments be.
you should receive an automatic penalty for any delay in payments or increase in payments and are eligible for an additional penalty from the court for an unreasonable delay.

Thank s for me too, I live in CA $270 isn't enough to be homeless.
Sad  CDC Guideline 2016 Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain will be the death of me.
[url=http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm]http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm[/url]

(06-24-2016, 01:38 PM)Richard+Catz Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 09:09 PM)1171 Wrote: $270 is the maximum for PD less then 100% for dates of injury in 2009.
"Permanent total disability benefits (based on permanent disability of 100%) are paid for life, at the temporary disability rate. For injuries that occur on or after January 1, 2003, the benefit rate will be adjusted each year based on any increase in the state average weekly wage (SAWW)."
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/WorkersCompens...nefits.htm
your rate depends on your Average Weekly Earnings.
Permanent Total disability or a 100% PD rating is paid at the maximum TTD rate and is also subject to yearly cost of living increases.
the current Maximum TTD rate is $1128.43 per week.
http://www.dir.ca.gov/DIRNews/2015/2015-57.pdf
if the rating is in dispute so will your payments be.
you should receive an automatic penalty for any delay in payments or increase in payments and are eligible for an additional penalty from the court for an unreasonable delay.

Thank s for me too, I live in CA $270 isn't enough to be homeless.
partial disability is not meant as a substitute for a job.
as I posted, permanent total is $1128.43/wk
both are tax free.
there are much worse situations: what if your injury was not covered by comp?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2018 rate increases for California claims 1171 2 2,202 12-30-2017, 08:48 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  NC - perm partial disability - multiple MDs to rate the part for different Dx HeyNowNC 3 3,882 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
  New Mileage rate rolandlaw 4 4,639 01-04-2016, 09:04 PM
  weekly rate redsoxfan 30 28,056 04-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  MMI impairment rate question highdesertguy 7 11,609 08-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Last Post: highdesertguy
  (Texas) I rcvd my impairment rate sand3rd 1 6,542 01-31-2010, 12:13 PM
  Does TTD stay at the same rate with a new job? Vivian 12 10,150 12-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
Rolleyes Results of my MRI Findings Sunshine7 2 3,292 11-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Sunshine7
  A fair rate? bomblade 3 5,828 10-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  MRI Findings tpm 4 3,136 09-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Cycler