Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Settling a lifetime medical on a herniated disc claim
In 2012 I injured my back on the job. I have never lost time on the job. I muddle through work with the pain. I have been getting treatment on and off since the injury. Accupuncture, chiropractic , physical therapy and epidural injections. I ended up getting a couple of thousand dollars for the claim and then lifetime medical. I still get treatment on the injury but the delays in waiting for WC to approve anything is awful. I would actually prefer to just use my regular health insurance because since Obamacare, don't they have to accept pre existing conditions? 
If I did choose to settle the lifetime medical , how much do they normally settle out for ?

I also need to mention that I no longer work for that employer I had the injury with.

you should figure the present value of what is estimated they will pay on the balance of your claim.

it's a technical distinction. while your request for insurance cannot be denied because of a pre-existing condition, they don't have to provide care for the pre-existing condition if you have other coverage for it -- like workers comp, you'll have insurance for other conditions and they will cover care denied by workers comp.

P.S.your physician needs to obtain pre-authorization and/prospective review for care by using the appropriate Utilization Review process.
more here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/UtilizationRev...Worker.htm
if they delay a utilization review, you can take them to court for penalties:
"If your doctor has not been able to get a response from the claims administrator, you should file a declaration of readiness to proceed to expedited hearing. A claims administrator who fails to meet the appropriate deadline for a utilization review cannot object to the doctor providing the requested treatment."

you can also change doctors to any within the MPN.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

you're welcome.
thankx for stopping by.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about settling tritonman 3 241 10-17-2019, 02:12 AM
Last Post: tritonman
  New claim in Massachusetts, do I sign Medical Authorization Release Form??? spoe.eops 3 366 05-30-2019, 09:21 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Lifetime medical payout Jerry_Rivera 2 620 03-12-2019, 11:04 AM
  Sell my medical rights or keep lifetime care? 138 13 6,215 03-12-2019, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Jerry_Rivera
  California - Lifetime Med - Coverage Terminated spine pain 25 2,062 02-19-2019, 03:18 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Lifetime pension award plus medical treatment, overseas? Carl1976 1 770 09-12-2018, 10:39 AM
  Trying to settle before moving out of state w/o lifetime medical norcalgirl7 3 2,020 07-29-2017, 01:03 AM
  Has anyone successfully moved out of California with lifetime Medical? TreadingWater 10 5,529 07-15-2017, 04:23 PM
  Settling Attorney liens CA injured worker cainjuredworker15 8 3,487 02-14-2017, 01:21 AM
  CA-Settling "Lifetime Medical" SickOfTheProcess 8 19,100 12-27-2016, 02:34 PM