Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not really sure where to start
HI all so glad I found this place. My comp case is in the state of Michigan. I am a therapist assistant and I hurt my wrist by getting it tangled in a transfer belt, had carpal tunnel surgery in early March of this year. So far no progress has been made my hand and wrist have continued to loose funtion. Worst of all workers comp disputed my claim and stopped my benifits check. Now I have been diagnosed with RSD and no income. Mylawyer's boss told me to file for unemployment but now unemployment  are taking their time with that. If anyone has any info that could help.

You can see if your employer will provide modified work.
General information on work comp in Michigan
http://www.michigan.gov/wca/0,4682,7-191...--,00.html
Contact your city and county services for help with food, housing, utilities, etc
Generally your health insurer will provide treatment for comp denied conditions.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

That's the weird part they are still covering Dr's visits and Therapy just not paying me my weekly benifits check since March. I tried to go back to my work with light duty and they decided to change my status from full-time position to one that was as needed. We got on food stamps and my husband is looking for work. When you talked about assistance do you mean like cash assistance? . Thank you for your reply

http://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,5885,7-3...--,00.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you I will look into all that. Another question I have is how long does it take for all the settsettlement process. My lawyer said 6 months but I have heard that this is an untrue estamate.Is there anything specific I should look for in a settlement.From what I have read my RSD could be a long term condition. Thanks again for any help anyone can offer

generally there are too many individual case variables to estimate settlement time.
if the parties cannot agree on a settlement, the claim may have to go to court and there is always a chance of appeals.
yes, many serious injuries may require lifetime medical care.
medical evidence is the key to benefit determinations.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-30-2016, 04:26 PM)1171 Wrote: generally there are too many individual case variables to estimate settlement time.
if the parties cannot agree on a settlement, the claim may have to go to court and there is always a chance of appeals.
yes, many serious injuries may require lifetime medical care.
medical evidence is the key to benefit determinations.

I don't understand how they can cut off my weekly benefits like they have when I have 2 Drs telling them of my restrictions.

it' difficult to guess what information they have or someone else's reasoning.
you can ask for an explanation. do so in writing.
you can also request penalties for unreasonable delays.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

WC is a system that just plain sucks. There have been so many fakers and their Drs out there that those that are truly hurt can end up in bankruptcy court before there is any chance of settlement. RNVic. She was a nurse and had her shoulder and arm messed up. She also got RSD. Sithie stepped into a drain at work and shattered her ankle she also got RSD Sithie got next to nothing not even enough to settle the debts she had rung up on her injury. So my advice to you is to read up on the rules of your state cuz all states vary. If you don't have one it may be time to get a lawyer and let him take the weight of that off your shoulders. Its also time if you haven't already check everything you have on credit to see if there is a clause if you get hurt or injured and cant work your payment is made for you. Then start calling everyone you owe and tell them you have been injured and not working and see if they will give you some lee way. This is a hard time we are here to help you as much as we can. Also try the "off topics" part of the forum. Its just a place to go and have a smile or giggle. If you haven't already go to http://www.pogo.com they have a lot of free games and people there all the time 24/7 . You have to be your number one worker. good luck
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Thanks for the advice will look into the info you guys gave me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  when do wages start accruing (WC in michigan) tropic00 2 1,092 01-17-2020, 06:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can W/C start issuing IIBs without telling you brainteazer1234 3 4,125 03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Last Post: brainteazer1234
  when does the negotiating start? (Alabama beckyandac 5 7,329 12-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  Where Do I Start? (Missouri) jdarling 4 5,049 02-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Last Post: 1171
Sad When does Workmans Comp start to refuse coverage grinninh 9 45,485 10-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
Sad Where Does One Start? Loving Brother 11 8,238 09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Tryin to Start Arguement (Limbo Says) debysu47 13 6,884 08-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Spring