Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can I go to er
I have been on WC since Oct for a back injury at work, in Mar I was given MMI/IR rating and my treating dr closed their file for my back injury. Since that time I requested and was approved for DD to eval for extent of injury to include problems I'm having with my shoulders. The DD approved the extent of injury so I went back to my dr to continue treatment only to find out they are no longer accepting WC even though it's still the same case they will not take me back. I have been trying to change doctors and have been getting the run around from the IC for 3 weeks now. All the new dr needs is for the IC to confirm this is an approved WC case but my adjuster refuses to do that. I think they were dragging their feet because they requested an RME after the DD approved the extent of injury but the state has now denied their request.

So anyhow, I am completely without a treating doctor right now.

For the past 2 weeks I have been having increased problems with my back again, muscle pain and spasms occasional tingling in my legs and arms. The pain during the day is tolerable but at night it is sever, I haven't gotten a good night sleep in weeks and of course I have yet to have seen a dr for my shoulder issues. Every day it seems to get a little worse.

I don't know what to do other then go to the emergency room, will work comp have to cover it? I'm in Texas if it matters.
yes, you can go to the Emergency Room.
you can also file for penalty for denial/delay of treatment. File a complaint here
if your claim is not litigated, you can get help from the office of injured employee counsel
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)