Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got settlement offer
Hello all in Illinois .  After 5 years of being in the system I was finally offered a sttlement . I am wondering if there are specific questions I should ask besides the MSA . Any important things that should be discussed with the Ins Co that I should be concerned about ? Anyone been thru this final stage and wished they would have asked or learned any important stuff moving forward? Thx

just off the top of my head since there is little information about your claim:
do you have an atty?
how do you know you are eligible for an MSA?
are there any outstanding medical bills?
do you have a medical report outlining your future medical needs?
what are your work restrictions?
do you have medical report rating your residual disability according to the AMA guides?
are you eligible for wage differential benefits?
do you have evidence of a loss of future earning capacity?
do you have a schedule rating?
have you reviewed the employee handbook?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

just off the top of my head since there is little information about your claim:
do you have an atty?yes 
how do you know you are eligible for an MSA? Atty said they would put funds aside while awaiting approval of SSDI. Been denied but awaiting On trial . I don't understand a lot about MSA to be honest.
are there any outstanding medical bills? No bills 
do you have a medical report outlining your future medical needs? No report/ unsure about that.
what are your work restrictions? Sedentary job needed with minimal lifting , bending , squatting, being able to sit/stand alternately
do you have medical report rating your residual disability according to the AMA guides? No/ unsure
are you eligible for wage differential benefits? Yes . I just went thru 1 year of Voc Rehab and both the ins company and Voc rehab are pretty much giving up on me. No one has even considered hiring me .
do you have evidence of a loss of future earning capacity? They basing settlement on me living till 79 years of age. I'm only 34 now.
do you have a schedule rating? No / unsure . Illinois does AMA guidelines but it was a back injury but for some reason I asked if it was 500 weeks and he said no they not going off that. 
have you reviewed the employee handbook? No / unsure 
Those are a lot of great questions I will be asking my Atty about .
[/quote]

I am done just physically and emotionally with the WC system and this is the first time that the Ins Co has ever even brought up settlement . It's a good amount of $ me and my atty believe based on the life expectancy . He said I would get 100% future medical on body parts injured. I will dm you if you want about the $ and see your thoughts (would rather not post publicly ). I've just been thru the ringer with multiple and failed surgeries not to mention the stress ,anxiety, and depression that comes along with it. Joe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Louisiana wc(settlement offer less than 4mons) Feelbad 3 448 03-10-2019, 12:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
Question Accept $3,000 Settlement offer for head injury??? Andalasia 7 1,374 10-26-2018, 01:15 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Settlement offer florida Davidbum 2 1,600 03-18-2018, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Cashiered Too
  Settlement Counter offer iceg0412 1 3,088 01-29-2017, 02:54 AM
  Settlement Offer rennyboy 5 3,072 08-31-2016, 01:55 PM
Smile 1st offer / Lump sum settlement Mongrel_Money 20 21,477 05-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Mongrel_Money
  Settlement offer need advice Junius White 7 7,610 08-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Alabama WC first settlement offer: suggestions please atvrep1 1 4,835 06-26-2014, 11:12 AM
  First settlement offer Dianaaa 4 6,411 06-22-2014, 02:55 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
Rolleyes In state of Ga Just got settlement offer after being injured in 2006 inpainallthetime 6 7,577 05-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Last Post: inpainallthetime