Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acl and meniscus
Newbie here. I was injured in November of 2015. I ran from a dog while delivering packages and tore my acl and my meniscus. I was let go after the first wc Dr said it was just a sore knee. I immediately got a lawyer after being denied a second opinion and I am now 1 month post-op. My IA is known to lawyers in my area as being a big meanie. (Nicest way to put it.)
She has stopped my biweekly payments simply because my Dr note said to remain off work until surgery. After surgery I needed another note to get IC to cut a check. I have an appointment on the 17th which is right around the 6-8 week mark of my last note. I fear that the IC will not pay me if I don't leave that appointment with another note or something. Is this normal? Are there others with similar injuries/experiences as mine that can tell me what I should expect from this point on? Will I receive a settlement?

nothing is normal in the WC world. Remember to go into the Drs office always asking for your restrictions and get a note saying so keep a copy for yourself as well as one for the employer.
Always have at least 3 copies of each and every paper. Keep a log of every phone call from and to them with time and date. With or without a lawyer it is up to you to stay on top of your case. There is more info on this site than anywhere else. You also have a lot of humans here that are IW themselves that have been thru the system some still going thru it 10 years later that will help all they can. so grab a cold drink and surf the site don't forget the off topics section.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

no states allow the worker to set their own disability time off; all of them use doctors.
You are right to be worried; they won,t pay if they don,t know you are still being treated.
not every injury results in a settlement.
there is not one set of comp rules for every worker in the country.
each state has their own rules; without knowing yours we cannot provide specific information.
jayne gave good advice; newbies should read and search similar posts that have already been answered.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Meniscus Tear Rt Leg LimpRtKnee 4 1,639 09-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Info about knee surgery, trimming meniscus BooBoosNeck 7 11,610 07-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Complex Meniscus Tear and Arthritis=WC Covered Total Knee Replacement allison 5 18,834 04-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Florida - Torn Meniscus terrijw 4 9,167 09-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Last Post: terrijw
  mri and meniscus tear cristabell 6 14,088 10-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Last Post: WCisBS