Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding New Jersey WC Law and rules
(05-09-2016, 02:56 AM)Dear Maragaret, Sadly most who visit sites such as an Injured Workers Forum do so as a newbie because when we are healthy we are too busy WORKING to afford to live in NJ. OF course this is only an outline but its a great place for you to maybe explain the complications of your case where is I may be able to show you a better way to handle your case.  I\ve been through the entire NJWC ringer and I wished I had someone to talk with to vent my frustrations and maybe get advice on what I need to do next. I'm not going to get into my complex case/story as that is what fuels the fire for me being here in the 1st place. Its my goal to help as many NJIW as I am able and help them avoid the mistakes and mistrusts I placed in employer, Drs., (who took oaths to help) and shady ambulance chasing lawyers looking for a fast buck to settle cases worth 5-10X what they sold out the IW for. Its shocking what some educated folks will do for money. If I had one thing to offer all IW's it is this DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON THE LAWYER YOU WANT TO HIRE!!! Call the NJ Bar to get their record, ask your family lawyer as all lawyers know each other as well as their field of expertise, also if you know others hurt at work and had a lawyer ask them if they were happy with their service. Its just a start in a very complex cycle of eve nts just waiting for the IW in the days and weeks ahead, and I hope you will let me share my expertise in protecting what rights the NJ IW has left. BUG     MaragaretGodleski Wrote: It is very informative post.
I like it and it is very useful for the newbies like me.

If I am lucky enough at the next hearing with the judge to get awarded the second injury fund as my lawyer suspects is going to be the outcome, I was wondering, do you get year increases on that amount or are you paid the same amount weekly for the rest of your life? Any cost of living increases? Also, when I got injured I then began to work less hours and that affected my gross pay which my ttd was based on  My lawyer once mentioned pushing my weekly average pay up to full time amount to use for sif  ?? Is that a real possibility? Keeping my fingers crossed. Looking forward to getting more medical attention to my botched neck surgery that comp refused to fix.  Thanks

your best resource for help calculating any SIF payments including any COLAs would be from the link I previously posted
http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wc/cont...l#SIFstaff
they will use your weekly wage as a basis for your rate just as the the comp carrier will and if it is not accurate then you will have to provide documentation for a recalculation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UNDERSTANDING MEDICARE SETASIDE AGREEMENTS 1171 0 600 04-07-2019, 02:05 PM
Last Post: 1171
  New Jersey I have reached my 400 week benifit what now chrislyn 1 762 01-09-2019, 02:42 PM
  New Jersey worker comp darrinb 5 8,316 05-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  need help understanding pattik1130 1 1,504 04-08-2016, 11:48 AM
  NC - Rehab professionals rules (NCIC) Dabs401 2 4,806 02-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Injured in Nc
  DUPED....NOT KNOWING THE MPN RULES... inquiringMIND 6 6,850 01-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Woodlawn
  Workers Compensation – New Jersey Paid Family Leave Legislation bugmann 0 5,083 07-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Last Post: bugmann
  AME over rules PTP, yes?? socal 9 9,842 06-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Last Post: socal
  Understanding vocational rehab weezle735 4 6,587 01-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Last Post: weezle735
  discovery rules 1171 0 2,468 09-15-2009, 12:04 AM