Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart workers comp bullying
For the last couple of years I have been struggling at work ( night shift, wally world ) with occasional, sudden bouts of fatigue so severe that I have actually wobbled around, steered a cart into walls, etc. It doesn't seem to be related to how much sleep I get.

Well, the other night I went out while standing behind a cart. My right leg bent underneath me to the extent that it was still there when I hit the floor, causing it to bend way too far. The pain was intense. I got up and could walk, though painfully. I finished the shift, but not before filling out an accident report. Straightening the leg is painful, bending it completely is painful, and it hurts while I'm trying to sleep.

Well, I called personnel, they set up a Doctor's appointment and drug test, which took about four hours. I saw a senior manager before I left. ( this is important )

Doctor takes x-rays, diagnoses a knee strain with possible miniscus tear. I'm to return to work with restrictions. No standing over two hours. No bending/stooping, pulling anything, pushing anything over ten lbs.

Long story short, after I got back to the store,the afore-mentioned manager pulled me into an office and said "I'm going to go ahead and submit this, but they're not going to pay for it." I said, "If you knew that, why didn't you tell me?" I'll get stuck with the bill." He replied, "That's not my responsibility."
He also said that they were not going to pay me for my four hours, even though they made the appointment. I am to return to work tonight, NO RESTRICTIONS, and I'm going to get "Coached" (wrote up) for "Unsafe work practices."

What do you think of that? What options do I have?

liability determinations are not made by local supervisors; Walmart risk management or their 3rd party administrator will decide whether to accept or reject your claim. any denial can be appealed to the state work comp board.
work restrictions are not determined by supervisors or managers. Only a doctor can take you off work or impose work restrictions.
Indiana has a 7 day waiting period before you can draw disability for lost time. you should be able to use any accumulated personal leave credits if you choose.
if your doctor has not changed your restrictions you are within your rights to refuse the restricted duties.
if you are not in a union you have fewer job protections, so you are on your own on the "unsafe work practices" write up.
you can contact your local labor commissioner but it's a long shot that they will intervene.

more on Indiana Comp laws here:
http://www.in.gov/wcb/2332.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I still get workers comp if I've been laid off? AlexWhite 2 1,491 11-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Last Post: mattlewis
  Workers comp overpayment notice for California Angnava17 4 1,412 09-04-2020, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Sang15512
  Should essential workers automatically qalify for comp if theyhave covid-19? 1171 4 3,237 05-29-2020, 03:29 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  California give essential workers comp presumption.... 1171 0 1,632 05-07-2020, 12:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers Comp, BC/BS and Medicare wguage52 27 14,029 04-10-2020, 05:48 PM
  house arrest while out on workers comp msb2020 2 1,358 01-12-2020, 07:56 PM
  Achilles Repair. Workers comp question... Go Cowboys! 3 1,862 09-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question Workers Comp settlement in NJ eclark16 9 3,300 09-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Last Post: eclark16
  Workers Comp Disputing Medical Bills gamora77 1 1,843 03-15-2019, 11:22 PM
  Built a map of workers comp. John_Richardson 1 2,301 02-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Last Post: TerryLewis