Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to qualify for additional benefits
Many injured workers may not be aware that in addition to their Workers’ Compensation benefits they might also be eligible to receive $5,000 from the state of California’s “Return to Work fund.”  These funds can be uses by the injured worker for any purpose.

The state has an annual fund of $120 million dollars exclusively for the injured workers.
 But most injured workers do not know that they are eligible for this benefit or that it even exists. Unfortunately, the turnout has been so small that the state is thinking about using those funds elsewhere, unless we can get more eligible injured workers to sign up for these benefits.

good post.
yes, more eligible workers need to apply

To qualify an applicant must have a date of injury on or after Jan. 1, 2013 and have received a Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit voucher for the injury.
this is limited to California claims only.

additional info here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/RTWSP/RTWSP.html
more how to receive an SJDB voucher here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/sjdb/SJDB_FAQ.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

This is contained in the links above from 1171, but wanted to write it because it seems like some people do not always read the links. If you qualify you can receive a voucher in the amount of $6,000. and then you can also apply for the additional $5,000. check so total is $11,000. . They do not just send this out, you have to apply and meet the qualifications.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AME for DOI and additional body parts, TTD capped Leah 24 13,860 04-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Additional issues weezle735 2 4,361 12-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Last Post: jayne
Question additional restrictions hardworker 6 4,351 07-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Do I qualify? slippedisc 2 2,754 12-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Do I qualify for Social Security? kitty 11 7,116 04-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  My friend, Einstein...and an additional theory! Wink 2 2,472 02-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees