Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in adjuster hell!
I was in an accident a year ago at work and suffered a traumatic brain injury.  I've been with the same Dr's .. Neurologist and Rehabilitative Dr since I was first in the hospital. I also have been with the same transportation company that takes me to therapy and all my appointments for the last year as well. Recently I got a new adjuster, without my knowledge or my lawyers, she changed my transport company ... we found out because my transport company called me telling me they called them and said they called and cancelled all appointments from there on out. Which I'm VERY upset over because I've been with these people for a year and am very emotionally attached. The adjuster without knowing what's medically going on with me changed my transport to a taxi cab service. I've recently been taken off one of my seizure meds I've been on for a year..  a very high dose, therefore, the risk of seizures is very high. So I need to be with someone who's medically trained, not a taxi driver! Before we knew it the adjuster called my lawyers office and told them she was my new adjuster, she's now trying to change all of my Dr's as well!!!  How can she do this??  I've been with the same Dr's from day one! It's now just this past week been a year since the accident... I've progressed further then any expectations the Dr's or anyone ever had due to the TBI I sustained and I'm on the road to recovery. My lawyer is one of the best but has been very passive to this point and doesn't want to upset them due to the long term of my injury but she's, the adjuster, under handedly already done all this. HELP??

Every state has different workers' compensation laws. In what state is your claim?
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

(03-28-2016, 06:57 PM)Timothy Belt Wrote: Every state has different workers' compensation laws.  In what state is your claim?

Thank you for your reply, I'm in South Carolina

(03-28-2016, 04:05 PM)lilrose Wrote: I was in an accident a year ago at work and suffered a traumatic brain injury.  I've been with the same Dr's .. Neurologist and Rehabilitative Dr since I was first in the hospital. I also have been with the same transportation company that takes me to therapy and all my appointments for the last year as well. Recently I got a new adjuster, without my knowledge or my lawyers, she changed my transport company ... we found out because my transport company called me telling me they called them and said they called and cancelled all appointments from there on out. Which I'm VERY upset over because I've been with these people for a year and am very emotionally attached. The adjuster without knowing what's medically going on with me changed my transport to a taxi cab service. I've recently been taken off one of my seizure meds I've been on for a year..  a very high dose, therefore, the risk of seizures is very high. So I need to be with someone who's medically trained, not a taxi driver! Before we knew it the adjuster called my lawyers office and told them she was my new adjuster, she's now trying to change all of my Dr's as well!!!  How can she do this??  I've been with the same Dr's from day one! It's now just this past week been a year since the accident... I've progressed further then any expectations the Dr's or anyone ever had due to the TBI I sustained and I'm on the road to recovery. My lawyer is one of the best but has been very passive to this point and doesn't want to upset them due to the long term of my injury but she's, the adjuster, under handedly already done all this. HELP??

you will need a doctors order if you require trained medical personnel during your transportation.
they are not your doctors; the carrier generally has control of medical treatment.
if you want to take the carrier to court, you may need another more aggressive atty.
you may wish to consider settling out your claim so they no longer have control of your treatment.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjuster requested IME Innovation79 12 1,696 02-06-2019, 11:41 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Adjuster doesn't communicate with me. Tiberius 2 2,059 11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  my adjuster changed my mpn ka107 2 1,811 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  CA - four years of WC hell... Future Medical M998 12 6,148 02-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Dealing with WC Adjuster and Lawyer/ GA corawilke 2 3,170 09-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  Washington L&I (or hell in disguise) Lizzy 15 13,401 12-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  workers comp adjuster marcoleman 12 16,092 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Last Post: marcoleman
  Adjuster says claim is closed AxedmyAtty 4 5,919 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: AxedmyAtty
  Is it ok to call claims adjuster itzadrianyo 12 20,392 02-21-2012, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Football71
  Adjuster claims to NOT KNOW I have an Attorney. inquiringMIND 5 6,742 12-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Last Post: inquiringMIND