Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possible rating percentage
These are all the things that are wrong with my feet.  Can anyone tell me what the approximately percertage of disability would be.  i am in ca and 47 year old female ttd rate is 161.69 per week.  This was a part time job that i was injured at.  This is what the doctor wrote but i don't have the rating yet i was trying to get some idea of the rating for this.

status post ttr, medial, lateral and infracalcaneal nerve release
pain in limb
difficulty walking
1. difficulty walking, not elsewhere classified
2. tarsal tunnel syndrome, right lower limb
3. other specified mononeuropathies of unspecified lower limb
4. contracture of joint, ankle and foot
5 plantar fascial fibromatosis
6. other synovitis and tenosynovitis, left anke and foot
7. tarsal tunnel syndrome, left lower limb
complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) type 1
painful plantar fascia
permanent and stationary status

any help would be appreciated

ratings are complex. you would need a copy of the AMA guides (5th edition )for rating disability which are proprietary and expensive ($169 on amazon). although medical schools, doctors, and the WCAB has a copy.
even after you got an impairment rating you would then have to convert it into a permanent disability rating before you could calculate an amount.
I think there is an online rating calculator here
https://www.workcompcentral.com/calculator
you have to register.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-10-2016, 03:40 PM)1171 Wrote: ratings are complex. you would need a copy of the AMA guides (5th edition )for rating disability which are proprietary and expensive ($169 on amazon). although medical schools, doctors, and the WCAB has a copy.
even after you got an impairment rating you would then have to convert it into a permanent disability rating before you could calculate an amount.
I think there is an online rating calculator here
https://www.workcompcentral.com/calculator
you have to register.

thank you i will try and find the AMA GUIDES.  I was hoping to just get an estimate.

never having done a rating on the conditions you listed, I couldn't even guess what the Rating Guide might say about them.
if you do get an impairment rating, I could try to approximate a PD amount.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

lower extremity CRPS is a difficult condition to rate. a lot depends on the specific level of walking and standing and moving that give you the most problems. severe cases require assistance to even move across a room and often require wheel chairs and walkers to get around. those can rate up to 60% whole person impairment.
more mild cases can stand and walk but may have some trouble with stairs or walking longer distances. those rate up to 10%. there are ratings in between those so there is no easy way to guess your rating from what you posted.
that impairment rating then has to be modified for age and occupation according to the rating manual before determining the dollar value.
a complex process. you can try finding out more from the I&A officer
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/IandA.html
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Rating of 2% wpi on right foot and 5% wpi for left

(04-07-2016, 10:20 PM)cmannas Wrote: Rating of 2% wpi on right foot and 5% wpi for left

Is that an actual rating or did you find the guides and estimate it yourself?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

That is what the doctor wrote

(04-07-2016, 11:52 PM)cmannas Wrote: That is what the doctor wrote

Also when does sedentary work get factored in.  it states that I can only stand for 2 hours in an 8 hour work day.

The AMA guidelines require impairment ratings. California no longer uses work preclusions.
more on ratings here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/FAQ/DEU_FAQ.html
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Percentage herniated discs w/depression NJ samistheman 7 14,619 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: samistheman
  Texas DD rating versus RME rating danitaw63 3 14,077 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
  determing percentage of disability norma 2 3,220 10-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Last Post: jayne
  percentage oh my back 3 4,296 07-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Last Post: oh my back